iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bd ft price for milling. Manual mill

Started by Kwill, March 03, 2020, 12:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindgcw

Do any of you use contracts for customers? Does anyone have a sample they could share? ???
Pastor Craig

"I was one way and now I'm completely different. And the thing that happened in between ... was Him."

WV Sawmiller

@Magicman  has posted one that he uses. Hopefully he can chime in here with his copy.

I have a contract but my sawing is nearly always a verbal agreement and I have not had a problem. I explain my rates and process in great detail up front and have been very happy with it. If I have a customer who wants to spend too much time nitpicking I don't want him as a customer. I get referrals and repeat customers regularly. I do have and would use a contract if a customer needed one for business needs but I'm mostly dealing with local farmers and the such and they feel about contracts about like I do. Good luck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

My sawing contract has evolved/changed many times during the past 20 years of sawing.  I searched and did not find a copy of my present contract, but no matter.  You need to custom build your contract to reflect your own sawing profile.

Here is an older topic:  LINK
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!