The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Author Topic: Boot recommendations?  (Read 1040 times)

Offline RPF2509

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: Boot recommendations?
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2020, 12:14:39 PM »
If you are in NW OR, go pay a visit to the WESCO factory in Scappose.  You will be fitted and they may have what you want off the shelf.  If you have an odd size they can take the measurements to get a perfectly fitted boot.  Last ones I ordered required a 6 week lead time.  Be forewarned that you pay for quality but quality lasts and the fit will be superb.  I've worn caulks and vibram WESCOs most everyday for 30 years and have always been pleased.  Whites are a good alternative too - my son has a pair and loves them.  I have noticed they have cheapened their lace eyelets in recent years, one piece instead of heavy two piece and you have to pay attention to how they wear with the friction of the laces.  Rotate the eyelets frequently and they should not wear through until rebuild time.

Offline DeerMeadowFarm

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2020, 02:17:47 PM »
I'm really liking the Oregon chainsaw boots I have. They are not lightweight hikers but for a workboot they have been great. Chainsaw rated too.

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2020, 05:03:37 PM »
I always say Viking boots, those orange loggers ones. If I am outside working, I have them on. Even when I plant the garden. I know some can't wear rubber.  I get 3-4 years out of them. One reason I like them, I can be in wet grass first thing in the morning than in the bog the afternoon and my feet are dry. Winter time I have them on too. I put some miles on in a day.
Yep, me to. And always on in the woods here. Sticks of fresh popple are like skis and spruce roots like ice to. I stopped wearing regular leather work boots in the woods because my knees was too sore after walking that rough ground all day and usually wet because softwoods tend to be on wetter land. If I had just a flat ridge of rock maple to walk I'd still need them for cutting wood. You don't go log rolling with chaulks on unless you aim to win. :D
Move'n on.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
chainsaw boot or snake boot

Started by rebocardo on General Board

12 Replies
Last post September 22, 2006, 10:40:42 PM
by bitternut
xx
High work boot vs regular work boot

Started by bigtrees on General Board

15 Replies
Last post May 01, 2019, 04:29:03 PM
by Skip