The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Dynamic Green Products Inc.

Author Topic: Turkey time in WV  (Read 1657 times)

Offline WV Sawmiller

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Green's Sawmill Services
Re: Turkey time in WV
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2020, 08:50:35 AM »
  The one I ever heard sing this song was Andy Griffith on Matlock on time. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2009 4wd Dodge PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Sthil 440 & 441, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once"

Offline mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2020, 10:27:24 AM »
Well now ya know where he got it.  ;)
Revelation 3:20

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
  • If I don't do it,it don't get done
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2020, 08:28:25 PM »
Do I have a hunting story for you guys. 
Grandson text his Grandmother, on my way to turkey hunt. We act as scouts so they know where to set up their blinds.  :D  Grandson pulls into yard to tell Grandmom, I am here. He see turkey under bird feeder as he pulls up to house. Grandmother has no idea he is here. GM text GS, turkey under feeder, because GM knows GS is almost at house. GS gets out of truck, ignoring the message on his phone. Turkey see GS and starts to run. GM text GS that turkey is leaving, as GS is going behind house to cut off the turkey. And shoots and gets the turkey. Hunt is over for GS and GM is up and running to door to see what is going on.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Offline WV Sawmiller

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Green's Sawmill Services
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2020, 09:12:21 PM »
   My favorite turkey tale was one a buddy of mine in N. Fla told me. A guy was driving down a county road there and spotted a flock of turkeys beside the road, jumped out and shot two of them. The rest fled the area. Immediately a truck pulled in behind the guy and a man got out cussing a blue streak complaining about no-nothing city slickers coming in and killing all his livestock and breaking his fences and such "Now you come shoot 2 of my pet turkeys I have been trying all year to save." He threw the turkeys in the back of his truck and demanded the shooter pay $25 each for them. The Nimrod apologized profusely and paid for the turkeys then drove off thoroughly chastened $50 poorer and no turkey to boot. My buddy told me there is not a house or farm within 25 miles of where the guy shot the turkeys. :D

Note - shooting on or near a road as described above is illegal in most if not all states and is not recommended. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2009 4wd Dodge PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Sthil 440 & 441, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once"

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
  • If I don't do it,it don't get done
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2020, 05:54:32 AM »
I had to post my land.  :(  >:(  Twice hunters shot at turkeys towards the house. Yes, they was about 500 feet away, but still. They was on the edge of the road both times. But this is a dead end dirt road too. 
Once I was in the garden, in line with them shooting, but they was shooting at the bottom of the hill. I stood up when I heard the shot and I saw a car and wondered what is going on, than I saw the shooter running towards the car with a turkey.  ::)
Than once someone shot a turkey on the other side of the road while standing between two no trespassing signs. My wife opens the door and hollered at them. But as I told her, next time do a video and call the game warden.  ;) She did call the game warden, he went and checked the local tagging stations, but none was tagged in this area.
One of these days someone will not be happy with us.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
turkey time!

Started by Dave H. on General Woodworking

5 Replies
Last post November 26, 2015, 11:29:57 PM
by kensfarm
xx
It's Spring Turkey time in Florida

Started by FLPINERAT on The Outdoor Board

15 Replies
Last post March 31, 2018, 08:00:31 PM
by Yoder409