The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Author Topic: Bad deal!  (Read 1758 times)

Offline barbender

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: Bad deal!
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2020, 12:00:35 PM »
How do you know Covid-19 is like a flu virus? I listened yesterday to an epidemiologist explaining that Covid-19, being a coronavirus, could be more similar to MERS, a similar coronavirus that transmits from camels on the Arabian peninsula in 110 temps without a problem.
Too many irons in the fire

Offline brianJ

• Full Member x2
  • Only get excersize if I choose the right hobby
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2020, 12:16:14 PM »
How do you know Covid-19 is like a flu virus? I listened yesterday to an epidemiologist explaining that Covid-19, being a coronavirus, could be more similar to MERS, a similar coronavirus that transmits from camels on the Arabian peninsula in 110 temps without a problem.

Virus is a packet of genetic material unlike bacteria which is a complete cell.   Hot and dry and UV is a good way to eradicate them.      This  virus is inactivated by humidity rather than dryness.   I do not understand the chemistry behind that.     

Transmission will slow once people are regularly outside and have the windows open at their residence.

Offline barbender

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2020, 11:06:49 PM »
I understand what a virus is, the point I was trying to reiterate from this epidemiologist was to not count on the warm weather mitigating this one. I hope it does, and I get your point of folks being outside more slowing the spread of this.
Too many irons in the fire

Offline jeepcj779

• "Watch this" - Famous last words
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2020, 01:46:20 AM »
It is not inactivated by the humidity. Humidity just does not allow the virus to go very far. When someone coughs or sneezes and humidity is high, the droplets from the coughing or sneeze combine with droplets in the air then become heavy and sink to the ground instead of getting inhaled by someone else.

Offline will49766

• Share Post
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2020, 04:45:06 AM »
Thanks again to everyone that has responded.  I've already backed out on her and terminated the contract over this.  It doesn't look like she's in a hurry to relist.  The response to this virus is making me nervous to continue at this point.  It could really hurt me if the market drops over this.  I'm not sure it will, but I think I'm going to play it safe for a few weeks and see what happens.  It might just be a blessing that she did this to me.  It's a tough decision because I feel this is the right place for us.

As for the virus...  I think it's been here in Michigan longer than they think it has.  I was deathly sick this January with the same symptoms.  My two daughters had something as well, but not as severe as what I went through.  Makes me wonder if it was covid-19.  It lasted about 5 days for me. 
Will Houghmaster

Online doc henderson

• Senior Member x2
  • Evil Prevails when Good Men Standby and Do Nothing
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2020, 05:17:16 AM »
I will just throw out there, that viral stuff with cough fever and runny nose has happened every winter for my 30 years as a pediatrician,  every winter.  most viruses have symptoms for 5 to 7 days.  if the inflammation stays you may cough for 6 weeks, like mycoplasma we called walking pneumonia in the old days.  stay well!  good luck with your property search!
timberking B 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor 12 volt tarp motor

Offline dougtrr2

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2020, 10:03:25 AM »
It sounds like this is your ideal place.  I wouldn't be too quick too eliminate it from consideration.  She did not act in good faith; but what if she had?  What if she had disclosed before your offer that she had already contracted for some walnut harvesting?  Would that have significantly changed your offer?  I would be very cautious to make sure there aren't any other surprises but I think I might go ahead.

When I bought my small acreage we only looked at three properties on one weekend.  Once we saw this one we knew it was the one.  Any other looking would have just been comparing back to this one.  That was done in 1984 and we have never regretted it.

Good Luck,
Doug in SW IA

Offline DDW_OR

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2020, 07:58:38 PM »
i STAND CORRECTED.
Multitek 1610EZ, TimberKing 2000 & Talon Sharpener,
"let the machines do the work"

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Bark removal prior to removing. Big deal? Little deal? No deal?

Started by Roy Beauchamp on Sawmills and Milling

3 Replies
Last post May 04, 2017, 07:44:21 PM
by Dave Shepard
xx
Husky 365 special deal or no deal? Help!!!!!

Started by Ironmower on Chainsaws

7 Replies
Last post March 13, 2009, 06:09:44 AM
by Ironmower
xx
Someone got a deal...

Started by D6c on Sawmills and Milling

2 Replies
Last post June 26, 2019, 12:49:48 AM
by Satamax
xx
So, what's the deal?

Started by DanG on Tree, Plant and Wood I.D.

10 Replies
Last post November 02, 2003, 06:09:09 PM
by Stephen_Wiley