The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Author Topic: Woodmizer LT40/50/70 Parts, Free**  (Read 642 times)

Online terrifictimbersllc

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Terrific Timbers LLC
Woodmizer LT40/50/70 Parts, Free**
« on: April 20, 2020, 03:59:28 AM »
Parts which might be of interest to someone building, or possibly repairing a sawmill.....
The diagrams I refer to, are attached as pdfs.

WM #036416. Log loading arm assembly, list $500  #1 in the loader diagram
WM #W09444 Hydraulic log loading foot channel (aka foot pad) List $130. #7 in the loader diagram
WM #015204 Super97 Frame weldment List $378.  #1 in the weldment diagram

Explanations.  

These loader arms got bent when a 2900# log rolled off of the bed,  up over the arms onto the ground. They have a "twist" in them which results in the tip of one arm being about 3" higher than the other when they're on the ground.  I could demonstrate it with a photo of the arms placed on a flat surface like a floor, when I have time to do this. These came off of an almost brand new LT70Super, I didnt want to remember this event for the rest of the time I own this mill, so I just got new arms.

The foot pad has a slight bend in it which is really just cosmetic.  Same incident as above.   I didn't want to remember that either so got a new one.

The Super 97 Frame Weldment (dont ask me where this name comes from), is the one that came on the mill. It is the "frame" that the springs/axle, and mill, are attached to.  Woodmizer sent me a replacement weldment that has a 3/8" thick steel bar welded to each of the 2-1/2 x2-1/2 x approx 50" tubes that are part of this frame.  The LT70 Super weighs about 6000# and needs the reinforced version to avoid flex in these tubes.  As is, this weldment I am offering is the same one that is on an LT40Super which weighs about 4500# which has no issue with the flexing that is seen on the heavier mill.  So this weldment would be an ideal starting point for anyone wishing to have a platform to mount his/her mill on, which will also accept standard Dexter springs/axle.  I see many here building trailers for mills and IMO this would be a good way to go.

To me these are just scrap metal. I am offering them free* which means the following.  Pickup at my location in Mystic, CT.  That free has no *.    I am willing to strap them to a pallet and ship to your destination, you pay shipping and give me an extra $100 for my efforts which I will donate to the Forestry Forum.  I would expect the freight cost will be somewhere $150-$250.  I can get the weights for you if you want to get an estimate.

Happy to answer any questions.

I have read the Forestry Forum conditions for posting in this section and agree to them.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Terrific Timbers LLC
Re: Woodmizer LT40/50/70 Parts, Free**
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 02:13:53 PM »
I have a taker for the loader arms and foot pad.  He'll provide a $60 check to FF.

That leaves the frame weldment, ideal for a DIY mill builder who can pay the remaining $40 to FF plus take care of its freight.

Update 4/24.....
Here is the loader and foot ready to ship.  Truck is picking it up in 30 minutes. I'll load it for him.  

@spearstj  4/24/2020 12:45pm,  It's on its way to you.  Happy loading!
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Offline Spearstj

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 03:45:22 PM »
Confirmed, I will take the loader parts.  Thx for helping out a fellow sawyer make a well needed upgrade to a non-hydraulic LT30.  Now I just need to get the log clamp and turner going, lots of ideas on this forum that I should be able to incorporate.

Thx TerrificTimbersLLC!

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Terrific Timbers LLC
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 01:44:28 PM »
Here are some pictures showing the frame weldment and its removal.  I think the weldment  weighs about 80 pounds.

Picture below: Bolts at either end holding springs are removed, springs and axle lowered to ground.  The weldment is the black thing attached to the underside of the sawmill.

Below.  Now 4 bolts holding the weldment to the underside of the mill are removed, and the weldment is now on the ground.  The bolts can be seen hanging from the mill.  They previously were through the holes in the weldment cross tubes.

Below.  Now the weldment is pulled out on the pavement on the loader side of the mill (this mill does not have its loader arms on at this point).

The schematic showing the weldment and axle parts is attached as a pdf in the first post above.  This weldment part forms a good method for attaching the sawmill to an axle and springs.  

It is available to someone who wants to either pick it up in Mystic CT, or cover shipping to his location, for a contribution of $40 to the Forestry Forum.

Offline Spearstj

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 11:49:10 AM »
Just arrived, now I have my work cut out for me to get this fitted up to the old LT30!

THx Dennis!

P.S. I like orange sawmills but I prefer green tractors!  No offense Dennis, just noticed the color of those loader forks in your posts and figured I would rib ya some!  Thx again for the loader arms!

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Terrific Timbers LLC
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 04:59:12 PM »
None taken. Glad to help anyone/anything FF or orange.  That tractor is green, yes, it is a common emotional reaction for many tractors when picking up a pallet that was last handled by a Kubota.  :D  :D

Offline Spearstj

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 07:58:10 PM »
Touche  my friend, touche!   :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Want to help someone.. free Genuine Franklin Parts

Started by bkellyvtme on Forestry and Logging

5 Replies
Last post May 31, 2014, 06:51:35 PM
by ozarkgem
xx
Woodmizer Setworks for parts

Started by PAmizerman on For Sale

13 Replies
Last post February 07, 2020, 08:16:58 PM
by PAmizerman