iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the price of diesel fuel

Started by snowstorm, April 23, 2020, 08:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

i was talking with my oil supplier yesterday. he works for a refinery a bit east of here. i asked if the price will go lower. he said yes. the crude they are using now was bought 60 days ago. all he said was a lot lower. the same for motor oil. so should i wait a couple months on ordering more motor oil. his answer was yes. the lowest i saw on road diesel fuel yesterday was $1.99

AllDodge

I'm figuring same thing, bought 225 gal of offroad about a week ago at 1.84 and on road is there now

jd540b

Its nice for fuel and maintenance at present but may not be so nice for firewood sales come fall if it is still falling and at record lows.

doc henderson

It would be nice to have a thousand gallon tank.  I bet when things open up, and the supply line has slowed down, then there will be a run on fuel and the price will shoot up.  enjoy it while you can.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Gary_C

A friend of mine in WI just told me that diesel was 76 cents at the terminal without tax and gas was 59 cents. When I called my local distributor they still wanted $2.03 for road fuel. I have a thousand gallon and a five hundred gallon diesel tank sitting empty but I'm not sure if the price will ever go down further at the distributor because they are sitting on higher priced inventory that is not moving.

There was a day earlier this week when you could get paid to take a contract for crude oil but the contract was expiring so you had to have a place to take delivery. 
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Corley5

We filled up our 100 gallon nurse tank with off road a week ago.  We waited a few days for the new shipment to come in because the price at the pump was .30 more than on road.  We got it at 1.699 by waiting.  We took the tank to town, filled it, came back, filled up the loader and Bobcat and then went back and refilled the tank.  That'll last us a while.  On road was 2.099 yesterday when I filled up the 550. 

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

moodnacreek

Red is almost down to $1.oo in bulk here.

sawguy21

Gas is under $0.80/l and changing almost daily but the lowest road diesel is $0.94.9. Some of you are paying not much more than that per gallon.  >:( It sounds like OPEC and Russia have agreed to a truce so these prices won't last much longer
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

BargeMonkey

I unfortunately cant post it here. Yesterday the wholesale cost of 87 gas was lower than the tax in NY. On the world market the problem is there just isnt any tank space left. I dont want to make you guys hate me but my on-road is 1.50 delivered right now 😂 

breederman

And we are still at 2.89 over here!
Together we got this !

chevytaHOE5674

Off-road is 1.23 here and still slowly falling. Bought about 700 gallons so far, if it drops some more I'll get another 600-700 more.

BargeMonkey

Diesel and kero stayed the same from yesterday, regular gas went up .18 cents but that's normal. I bought another load yesterday when it fell again, dumping gas here for 1.79, I wish I had filled that 87 tank but it may fall again by monday hopefully. 

chevytaHOE5674

Regular is 1.74 in town, but .99 on the rez.

AllDodge

I have 6 more 325 gal totes, so if it goes low enough, I might have them deliver on-road diesel to fill them up

240b

I just drove from New Mexico to Vt  
NY had highest price Ohio lowest. 

pabst79

On road dropped from 1.87 Monday to 1.64 when I filled up today. 87 octane gas dropped to .98, a buddy down in West Bend said he's been getting 87 at .87 for over 2 weeks. 
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: 240b on April 23, 2020, 07:35:28 PM
I just drove from New Mexico to Vt  
NY had highest price Ohio lowest.
Trucking and the fuel tax is the biggest reason, almost .60 cents on gas and almost .64 cents on diesel - kero. They know they have got you. 

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

ellmoe

500 gallon, off road diesel , delivered to mill here on Tuesday , $1.40/gal.
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

BAN

Our trucking contractors told us that they were told by there delivery guy they may give them diesal to free up space. Not sure what that means for state tax which is high here in Washington.  Not a good sign for the economy though. 

scsmith42

Quote from: ellmoe on April 23, 2020, 09:11:13 PM
Wow... it's still over $2.00  here in NC.
If it gets as low as $1.40 here I'll probably buy a couple of thousand gallons to have on hand.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

ellmoe

Quote from: scsmith42 on April 23, 2020, 09:35:59 PM
Quote from: ellmoe on April 23, 2020, 09:11:13 PM
Wow... it's still over $2.00  here in NC.
If it gets as low as $1.40 here I'll probably buy a couple of thousand gallons to have on hand.
Supplier wanted to " tipoff my tank at $1.80 three weeks ago. Actually drove to my mill , trying to move higher priced fuel ,I declined at that time . We saved about $160 by doing that. I think it may go a little lower . Looking for another tank with similar size . If I can find one priced reasonable , I will buy it and fill it up too.

Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

teakwood

we still pay 0.82/lt, 3.12$ per gallon. and it wont go down, it's government controlled and the difference they will use to fill the covid crises financial hole. costa rica is spending a lot more than they should and own, and tax income from the private industry has decreased greatly meanwhile all the 300k government employees (1.5m total national workforce) still enjoy their full payment and benefits. a recipes  for disaster
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

nativewolf

On road was $1.79 and offroad was $1.61 today.  Got 110 gallons of offroadbut that is only 3 days of fuel.  i have a 1200 gallon tank that i will fill next month.
Liking Walnut

Ed_K

Keep a sharp eye on crude prices. West Texas intermediate (WTI) is saying that when the price of a barrel of crude starts going up it could go to $100. a barrel.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!