iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna Factory Error

Started by Daved, May 02, 2020, 07:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

DaveD it's not a perfect world, people make mistakes. If you want to spend the time and money taking what I see as a minor  inconvenience to court have at it, it's your time and your nickel. A mismatched bar and chain would have been a problem right away, .050 chain in an .058 bar would have cut crooked but not the other way around.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

Lawsuit  ::)  Maybe and I say maybe a new bar and chain. But it has been a while too. This problem, if there is a problem, you have been running it, should of showed up the first time you used it.
Kinda like eating at a restaurant and eating the whole meal and than complain you did not like it and you want your money back.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

barbender

I'm with thecfarm. Gosh, what harm was caused that you're throwing around terms like "lawsuit"? If you used this for 2 years without issue, I suspect something is mislabeled. Are your bar rails devoid of paint and burned all the way around? I agree that Husky should've provided a new bar and chain if they are mismatched, but after 2 years I'm guessing you're out of luck. I mean, if you write enough emails and make enough phone calls maybe they'll replace it, but what's your time worth?
Too many irons in the fire

Al_Smith

I'm fairly good at mathematics but I'm stumped on this one .How can you stuff .058 into .050 .That's kind of like 10 pounds of sugar in a 5 pound bag ,no fit . ??? Now those little .325 chains .They can't make up their minds, Husqvarna uses .058 and Stihl uses .063 .Others use .050 .I tell you it's a conspiracy ,call the FBI and the chainsaw police .< you know the ones that come around to check if you have modified the saw in any way . :D 

doc henderson

daved, we do not mean to all pile on.  go to the dealer and or store and see if they will help you out.  maybe they will say they had a series of misfit bar and chain combos and they are happy to make it right.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

I'm not piling on anyone. 
I work at a hardware store. I see all sorts of stuff. Most times I can make it right. But 2 years of use, than they come back wanting something. ???
Kinda like the customer that comes in the store and starts swearing at me and telling me what I have to do to make it right for them.  ::)  As I tell them,I can work with you or I can work against you. What you say to me next is very important.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

John Mc

Quote from: dougand3 on May 03, 2020, 10:57:05 AM
Quote from: Daved on May 03, 2020, 10:19:04 AMThe saw ran great from day 1.

I doubt you had an 058 chain in an 050 bar. Would have run like the chain brake was partially engaged. Maybe you have an 058 bar.
Get a micrometer and measure drivers in current chain. Measure bar rails with
Quarter = 0.063
Penny = 0.058
Dime = 0.050
That works when the bar has not been damaged. If in fact the bar was an .050 and the chain was an .058, and he has been running it for 18 months, Is likely that dime will have a lot of slop by now. I suspect either the bar or the chain was mislabeled.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Daved

Guys...when I said lawsuit I was referring to Husqvarna labeling the bar incorrectly and causing an injury...not my situation.  As for my situation I am looking for a replacement bar and chain at minimum.  If their error caused saw damage they'll be replacing that too! Had this not happened I would be still using this setup for another year or more.  Now that I have uncovered this error i shouldn't be responsible for making anything right.  So I guess I ate half of the meal...lol.  Anyways, what happened here is wrong no matter how you slice it.  I was looking for professional advice on whether this setup could have damaged my saw.  I won't buy another big box store saw but what is done is done.  At least you all know that a .058 chain runs in a 
.050 bar...well some of you believe it.

Daved

Cfarm if you bought a new car and found out 18 months later that the dealer put the incorrect size tires on there would you go and fix them yourself even though they were only half worn....I doubt it there bud.

btulloh

HM126

doc henderson

after you take it to the dealer and get an explanation, it would be great to hear.  I have over 14 saws and most have several bars and cover the majority of pitches ect.  My thicker chains will not fit into a smaller bar.  If it ran for 18 months and was fine, there is no damage to your saw.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

do you have any pictures of the bar and chain.  

Air Lad

H25. Thats weird. H stands for Half skip or harvester in Stihl chain
Oregon has a 25 chain thats 1/4 mini pitch in .050 huh-smiley

Iwawoodwork

You mentioned "unsafe" several times and having only used power saws since the early 1970's I can not figure unsafe if the chain goes around the bar,   that is what it is supposed to do, also a bog box store like lowes or home depot is not a dealer.  A dealer is usually your local Power equipment store that usually services/ repairs what they sell
Even if the bar is mislabeled there is no unsafe as things worked as they should, also  I spent the last 20 years working for Oregon OSHA safety enforcement.  

Daved

dougand3

Whew, doggies. The 25 on the raker means it should be .025" below cutter height. Pull the chain out of the bar and see if the driver has a # on it.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Daved

Thanks Doc...will follow up asap.

Airlad...that is not the Husqvarna way.  H in front of most chains except new crosscut...series...sp prefix actually made by Husqvarna.

Iwawoodwork...it must be a pretty big safety issue if they spend 3 pages in the manual on it.   Dont think you'll get much support for that comment on here!

Daved

That would be priceless.  Haha.

Air Lad

Out of curiosity just tried old .058 chain in old.050 bar,(both well used with their matching mates).
Well it fitted but quite tight. The friction would be high at running speed
From new I can't see a fit.

doc henderson

thanks for the pics. we are trying to help.  I am a Stihl guy so do not know the numbers, but many on here do.  anything on the drive tang of the chain.  

Daved

Dougand3 to the rescue!  A picture is worth a thousand words...in this case 2 pages of posts.  Checked the other number located on the drive links...H30 which is what I expected to find the other day.  H30 is the .050 low kick chain.  All I saw was the 25 which was unfortunate for all of us...lol.  Sorry for wasting your brain cells guys.  Thanks for the help.

Daved

Appreciate it Doc.  Thanks!

doc henderson

I have thrown a few chains in my career, and twice they would not turn on the bar after.  I had to look with reading glasses at the spots that seemed to bind, and then I could barely see what looked like a scratch or a tiny burr.  filed it down and the chain turned well.  pretty close tolerances.  glad you have found the problem was the number.  it looks like you are ready for a new chain anyway.  good luck.

Daved

Skip

Thank You Sponsors!