The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Dynamic Green Products Inc.

Author Topic: CAT grader part wanted  (Read 380 times)

Offline Oliver05262

• Share Post
CAT grader part wanted
« on: April 08, 2020, 04:10:43 PM »
  • I am working on a CAT 112 grader thatís customer uses to shape uproads when he cleans up a job. A dozer does OK on a landing, but the roads sometimes take quite a beating, and the extra fine job the grader does pays off in landowner satisfaction.
 He fired it up last winter to clean up ice and snow around his yard and shop, and the cold transmission oil blew the top off the transmission filter housing. There is a fine screen that strains the junk out of the oil lubricating the transmission, and the cover is held on by a long rod with a tee handle on top. That rod broke, and even after his mechanic welded it back together, it wonít tighten the cover evenly enough not tp leak.
 If someone knows of a 112 or 12 grader that is being parted out, I would even consider buying the whole transmission filter assembly to get him going. If you know of such a grader being parted out, please let me know.I will post a picture when I am near the machine again.
I have read and understand my obligations to the Forestry Forum.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"

It's OK to cry.

I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.

Offline Remle

• Share Post
Re: CAT grader part wanted
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 08:40:52 AM »
You may want to check with General Gear and Machine , they have a website or give them a call at 1-208-342-8911

Offline Oliver05262

• Share Post
Re: CAT grader part wanted
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 07:46:33 AM »
Thank you for the reply, Remie. I did call General Gear, and the lady said she would pass my request on to John, but that she didnít think they had anything in the yard. I did buy a clutch disc from them for this same machine last summer, that is how I knew about them. Very good people to deal with.
 I havenít heard back from them, but I donít think I will. The conversation kinda ran like they would call if they could help.
I THOUGHT that I was all set now. I talked to the parts dept at Milton CAT yesterday. In addition to new (this part is obsolete), CAT also sells replacement parts in their ďClassicĒ line (not all p/n, and not this part, either. They also sell an aftermarket line which is largely wear parts. One guy I talked to called this line ďYellow PartsĒ. They also will source used parts, and this is where they have the part I need coming from.

The part came from them, but it is only a part of what I need, so I am still looking for help.
"You can't do wrong by doing good"

It's OK to cry.

I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
A.V.wanted part for Stihl 070

Started by Henderson on Chainsaws

5 Replies
Last post June 01, 2009, 01:49:38 PM
by Henderson
xx
WANTED any and all 200T part saws

Started by bomar460 on Wanted

2 Replies
Last post June 12, 2019, 11:46:48 AM
by Jemclimber