The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Dynamic Green Products Inc.

Author Topic: Return of the Husqvarna 562XP  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Sprinter

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
Re: Return of the Husqvarna 562XP
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2020, 10:58:59 AM »
Trying something new (I think). Introducing a bit of cooler air into the carb. Lifted the rear edge of the gray insert in the top cover. Ended up with a 0.25" x 1.25" slot aft of the air cleaner.
I really like the idea of cooler intake air.
Haven't tried it much yet but so far the filter seems okay.
As for aluminum tape, heat shield need an air space between the source and the target to work.

Offline HolmenTree

• Senior Member x2
  • "Been there, done that........and still learning"
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2020, 11:48:08 PM »
There's that black insert in the top cover over the airbox that already has premade  holes underneath.
Some kind of design feature that never developed or maybe a future development.  ???
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Offline Wood Shed

• Full Member x2
  • Retired antique tractor guy enjoying my Tree Farm
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2020, 10:08:38 AM »
HolmenTree,

Been following your mods for your 562xp as I have the same vintage saw.  Just recently found out that Husqvarna upgraded their new 562 models when I visited my local dealer.  Going to add the air vent holes.  I appreciate your experience and willingness to experiment while passing your knowledge.   Be safe in this heat.  I too do not shy away from running my saws when it is warm out.  My uncle always said summer time is when you cut firewood, winter is when you burn firewood. 
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. -Greek Proverb

Offline Sprinter

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2020, 01:00:28 PM »
There's that black insert in the top cover over the airbox that already has premade  holes underneath. Some kind of design feature that never developed or maybe a future development.  

Maybe, they had something similar in mind.
This could easily go much further and adding screening should be no problem if necessary.
I wish I had the software to  see current temp readings. My max. temp. was 47C/117F.

Offline lxskllr

• Senior Member x2
  • dummy with saw
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2020, 06:48:05 PM »
"summer time is when you cut firewood, winter is when you burn firewood. "

I can't support that. Winter's when you cut next winter's firewood  :^D

I try not to run saws in hot weather. I do what I have to do, but my preference is to wait til it's cool. I'm happier, and the machines are happier.

Offline HolmenTree

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2020, 07:01:37 PM »
Raised on a farm we cut and skid wood in winter on ice and let it dry in the  warmer months. 
Warmer months were for field work and haying.

Offline Woodfarmer

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2020, 09:30:40 PM »
Are the brand new 562s now pretty much bulletproof?

Offline Sprinter

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2020, 05:38:14 PM »
My notion of opening a vent in the carb cover turned out to be bogus! It actually vents a considerable amount of air and possibly reducing potential boost pressure. So it could be a very bad thing.  :embarassed:

Offline HolmenTree

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2020, 09:08:28 AM »
My notion of opening a vent in the carb cover turned out to be bogus! It actually vents a considerable amount of air and possibly reducing potential boost pressure. So it could be a very bad thing.  :embarassed:
Yes that would pretty well disable the air injection flow from the rewind housing. 
But then again when the cold weather plug in the airbox partition wall is removed to get cylinder heat to the carb....the saw runs fine.

Offline Woodfarmer

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2020, 09:20:55 AM »
There is a good thread going on OPE about hot starts. One fellow added a small air deflector to clutch side as his belief is the heat transfer from the handle to the tank is causing boiling fuel. Im going to put some gasket material between the bottom handle screws and the tank to see if that helps.
I bought a newer top cover so I have one for warm weather and one for winter.
Now as for the carb deflector, I have heated handles and the wires come out right in front of the carb so there is not much room for a deflector.

Offline weimedog

• Senior Member x2
  • Better to be a "Has Been" than a "Never Been"!
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2020, 08:56:59 AM »
Cut the covers on those for years now. Also cut a hole thru the baffle in the muffler right in front of the exhaust port along with a little "pipe" added up and to the clutch side, but with that tube back far enough when the saw is "rotated" into the wood it doesn't hit that pipe. Combination of a popup, muffler mod, and cut covers they start easier ( more compression ), run cooler and I never had hot start issues with those saws I did back then..( 2015-16 ) Still don't when I run them now. Did a bunch for local loggers and they never had issues and they are still out there.

1) Great little saw that had both teething issues early on ( cases/ covers/ pistons/ carbs evolved to a better place now ) but Husqvarna as a company worked through them and gave options to the point I can take the earliest and for reasonable money turn them into useful saws ( cases, cut covers, muffler mods, CST firmware updates ), almost as good as the post 2016 offerings. AND with CST along with the ability to track the parameters and update, dealers have a great tool to support those saws with that feature.

2) With out exception new technologies take time to mature.....and why the 550 MK2 and 572 are rather spectacular as new product offerings.
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
husqvarna 562xp

Started by NovaSS on Chainsaws

44 Replies
Last post July 05, 2014, 06:17:47 PM
by Oliver1655
xx
Husqvarna 562xp Piston

Started by terpjr on Chainsaws

8 Replies
Last post October 04, 2019, 08:36:36 AM
by Pine Ridge