iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thee Homestead Life & build

Started by Sedgehammer, June 07, 2020, 02:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sedgehammer

Perfect temperatured beer..... exterior iced....

Necessity is the engine of drive

Sedgehammer

Concrete........ I just can't find the words......

Sedgehammer

A beer...... life just seems better with an ice cold beer....

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Sedgehammer on July 16, 2020, 09:58:31 PM
When I saw the first photo I thought you were putting a slab in your garden you could put your raised beds on, which raised some questions in my tiny mind. But then I saw the next photos which revealed to me the most unique system of making concrete I have ever seen. Not in my wildest mind could I think that would work, but work it did, and very well. I learned something. I may never be able to apply it, but I will sure keep it in mind. Pretty neat what you boys came up with.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Sedgehammer

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on July 16, 2020, 10:21:57 PM
Quote from: Sedgehammer on July 16, 2020, 09:58:31 PM

Pretty neat what you boys came up with.
Not by choice...... Wife said no concrete trucks unless it's pouring her footings for the barn. We did it for the pad for the gray feed shed you might see in some pictorials. Plus we have some crushed rock leftover that I don't want to keep moving around, so it's a way to use it up. Have a few more batches to do unfortunately.....

Banjo picker

Wives are not supposed to always get their way. No way I would have done that, but to each his own. Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Nebraska

I've mixed some on the ground before, but not nearly that much! . Mines still holding up goat feet so it works...

Sedgehammer

Quote from: Banjo picker on July 17, 2020, 01:33:26 PM
Wives are not supposed to always get their way. No way I would have done that, but to each his own. Tim
Well, since I can't work and she's making really good cabbage..... Plus she usually doesn't. She's just very adamant about getting the barn started, so we'll be that much closer to starting our house. She deserves it. She's been above and beyond. She's one of those that'd been one to ride the river with. So that's why.
There's some back story also. We bought the place fall 10. She asked for a new house. I got to build a shop and my man cave. Then I got to do the pond, but I got hurt once we started it, but we finished it mostly (2 zip lines, water slide, rope climbing still to do). I also got the rock walls for the garden and the garden with the promise that the house wood be next. Then I suggested we do the monitor barn first, then house and she agreed, so her telling me no cement trucks unless it's for the barn, I can't equate to her always getting her way exactly.......:o
So I'm glad to let her have her way on this one 

farmfromkansas

I just want to know how you plan to get the forms off.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Sedgehammer

Quote from: farmfromkansas on July 17, 2020, 09:32:15 PM
His name was Wayne. Did a very nice job. But why do you ask?

Sedgehammer

Really good really cold beer with some really good chips...   

Sedgehammer

Quote from: Banjo picker on July 17, 2020, 01:33:26 PM
Here's a pic of the current man cave. I didn't notice how dark it was until now. 70" on the right. Full kitchen. Hickory cabinets. Galvanized metal throughout.
This is a part of why I'll gladly have the guys mix some mud by hand.

Oh, forgot to add. While I was sitting down and enjoying that ice cold beer with a few chips, she was in making Mongolian steak for supper. That's after she left for work at 8 and got home at 8. I take that......

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Sedgehammer on July 17, 2020, 09:52:12 PM
Quote from: farmfromkansas on July 17, 2020, 09:32:15 PM
His name was Wayne. Did a very nice job. But why do you ask?
I heard his name was rot. No need to take off just let them rot off in the ground. As for the durability of the concrete. I would think if it's mixed good and the key ( rebar). That there was. Looked good 👍

Sedgehammer

Good night for burgers on the lake......

Do NOT drink this beer. Icky. Was a leftover from some that was brought last week.

Swimmin.

Sorry it's so dark, didn't look that dark in the phone. 
Home made fries in olive oil.
Home grown fresh jalapenos, fried onions, maters and the beef.....

Walnut Beast

Sedgehammer

Sedgehammer

Night sky and shine dawgs by the fire.
Oh, and a ice cold beer and I mean ice cold.... smiley_beertoast

You can't really see the ice, but the entire exterior of the bottle was iced. 

Sedgehammer

2nd iced bottle tonight. I'm a very lucky man...... ;D

Raider Bill

We have to get you some better beer!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Old Greenhorn

Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Sedgehammer

Quote from: Raider Bill on July 20, 2020, 08:29:19 AM
We have to get you some better beer!
Hey, be nice now...... :D
I truly wish I liked beer more. There's so many choices out there. I just don't like a strong beer. I do though anytime we go to a different or odd ball type place to eat, I'll try 'their' beer. Especially if it's a different ethnic restaurant. Me bride n me like to do that.

Banjo picker

Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Banjo picker on July 20, 2020, 03:20:02 PM

Try this.  Tim

This man has great taste in beer! I was drinking VOO DOO Ranger yesterday. [Grandaughter was drinking lemonade.]

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Bruno of NH

When I drank beer.
Harpoon October fest was the best
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

GRANITEstateMP

Banjo,

I like that fella's headgear on your beer bottle!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Thank You Sponsors!