The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Dynamic Green Products Inc.

Author Topic: Coyotes!!  (Read 1352 times)

Online Firewoodjoe

• Senior Member x2
  • Im getting old
    • Share Post
Re: Coyotes!!
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2020, 04:47:58 PM »
We can shoot them year round and under a light as long as you have a base license. And they’ve been around for years just not very close. But I just went for a ride and see they cleared and chipped and stumped a large section of pine. That may have them pushed over. 

Offline Southside

• Administrator
  • Have a plan to saw every log you meet.
    • Share Post
    • White Oak Meadows
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2020, 06:23:35 PM »
Your coyotes are logging tracts there and grubbing the stumps?  Holy cow!!  Maybe you need to be scared.   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Offline doc henderson

• Senior Member x2
  • Evil Prevails when Good Men Standby and Do Nothing
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2020, 08:49:34 PM »
most places allow you to kill a predator if it is threatening you family or property.  You can get extra deer tags if you are a farmer land owner who's crops are being trampled.
timberking B 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor 12 volt tarp motor

Online WV Sawmiller

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Green's Sawmill Services
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2020, 09:06:49 PM »
  When we first moved here we had a neighbor with big farms and free damage tags for deer from DNR. Their son and ours were teenagers and would go harvest a few as we could use them. I was working overseas so the neighbor would ask my wife how many and when she could use them and she would schedule and they would go shoot them accordingly. I think they could even shoot them till 10:00 pm at night with the damage permits. This was not hunting - it was harvesting/removal. There were farmers in the area who shot them and dragged them to the edge of the field and left them. Some pulled the backstraps and left the rest. I'd much prefer to use the whole deer where they could find people to take them but some people did not have the time  on inclination to do so.

Coyotes are no limit, no season and lights and electronic calls authorized in and around fields during certain times that do not overlap other seasons.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2009 4wd Dodge PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Sthil 440 & 441, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once"

Offline Ron Scott

• Forester
  • Administrator
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2020, 06:13:59 PM »
A regular nighttime visitor.

~Ron

Offline A-z farmer

• Still learning
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2020, 07:08:13 PM »
Very nice coyote Ron
I like the coyotes for all the varmits that they eat .
Around here in New York they have contests and prizes to whom ever gets the largest coyote.Even though we have animals on the farm I still think the coyote eats a lot of mice rabbits and even wood chucks .
Zeke

Offline mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2020, 10:29:54 AM »
I have up to 3 packs in proximity to my house.  Theyre very very reluctant to be seen by a human here and they wont come in to a mouth caller.  I use MFK mouth diaphrams to howl and can get them talking to me but never to come in.  Day or night.  AS SOON AS I PACKUP AND WALK BACK theyll howl RIGHT where i was as an added insult. Rabbit distress, turkey distress and lip squeek also havent worked.  Even food bait.  They are extremely smart about staying hid here since we all hunt and all shoot at fanged objects.

Basically go out back target shooting and peeing on stuff more often.  Reclaim your territory and educate any slow learners.  12G buckshot or large birdshot.  Watch some of MFKs youtuve vids.  These guys call them right into their laps.  No cammo, no scent.  Totally different than the ones i have here.  And yes theyll come right to the fence but usually in stealth mode. Only had them howl close a few times.

I do honestly like that theyre out there but would also like to shoot them at the same time.  Mixed feelings.  Ill need a pile of feathers on hand to pick a side. Until then them and the black snakes can have all my mice. Have tons of those and theyre the bigger pest. 
Revelation 3:20

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Coyotes

Started by J Beyer on General Board

36 Replies
Last post January 03, 2003, 09:37:38 PM
by Frank_Pender
xx
Coyotes

Started by stavebuyer on The Outdoor Board

12 Replies
Last post November 17, 2019, 07:04:23 PM
by KEC