iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dry conditions and fires in NB

Started by SwampDonkey, June 21, 2020, 10:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Recently, I believe there was a 2000 acre fire in Blackville area, currently being patrolled for flare ups. There are 5 others being patrolled.

No burning allowed at this time, province wide.

Public woodlands are totally closed here, can't even run thinning lines.

A lot cooler today, but no rain. Dry as a bone even with some thunder showers last night. They didn't amount to anything significant.

New Brunswick Forest Fire Watch
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Natural Resources and Energy Development
Crown land closed due to extreme fire hazard
19 June 2020
FREDERICTON (GNB) – The Department of Natural Resources and Energy Development has closed all Crown land to industrial and recreational activities immediately due to extremely dry conditions across New Brunswick.
"The fire hazard in our province is extreme," said Natural Resources and Energy Development Minister Mike Holland. "The hazard levels in some regions of the province are the highest we have ever seen."
"Our forests are tinder dry and right now even the smallest spark could ignite a major wildfire that could threaten people's homes and destroy wildlife habitat," said Holland. "Even the heat coming off the bottom of a vehicle while you are driving through the woods could ignite a blade of grass."
The public is also strongly encouraged to stay out of the woods on private land as well.

Crown land closed due to extreme fire hazard

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Southside

Sorry to hear of that, it might be because we got between 5" and 10" of rain down this way over the past week....
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

thecfarm

That is sad to hear. We are dry here too, bad dry.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Restrictions have been lifted today as we have had a few showers and it is cooler. We really have not had much rain though. They also said that fireworks are not allowed at this time because the woods are still dry.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/crown-land-reopens-fire-1.5631456

quilbilly

We are very wet here in the pnw. Last weekend broke 7 straight weekends of rain. Lots of growth gonna be put on here. Hopefully a mild fire season too. 
a man is strongest on his knees

sawguy21

Nothing burning here for a change. I saw a small fire reported down the valley but it didn't last long, no dry fuel.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

We haven't had a lot of rain, but some significant showers. It's still terrible dry if you was to dig down 4 inches. But thankfully, I won't need to water this weekend. Suppose to be some more showers through the weekend and Monday. I haven't seen a full day of rain since just after the last snow storm in May.

Thank You Sponsors!