The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Author Topic: "Board" of Education  (Read 683 times)

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
"Board" of Education
« on: July 31, 2020, 10:06:50 PM »
I have a friend that is making these.  No they are not turkey calls. 

Boards of "education" but I doubt that teachers are allowed to use them like they did on me.  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline Downstream

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: "Board" of Education
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 12:36:30 AM »
You just made my day!  Those are great.  The time out generation won't even get it.  
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

Offline WV Sawmiller

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Green's Sawmill Services
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 09:37:23 AM »
Lynn,

I have trouble sitting here reading this thread and looking at those pictures. smiley_devil smiley_crying
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2009 4wd Dodge PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Sthil 440 & 441, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once"

Online doc henderson

• Senior Member x2
  • Evil Prevails when Good Men Standby and Do Nothing
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 10:20:51 AM »
those are probably 92% effective just hanging on the wall.  the other 8% are all prob. members on this forum.   :D :D :D :o :o :o 8)
timberking B 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor 12 volt tarp motor

Offline sawguy21

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 10:53:42 AM »
 :D Just knowing it was there was usually enough.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Online Jeff

• Fearless Leader
  • Administrator
  • I know that I do not know.
    • Share Post
    • THEE Forestry Forum
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 11:00:21 AM »
Love em!

I was able to sign a couple paddles when I was in middle school. There was a price... :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life.
Ezekiel 22:30

Offline LeeB

• Senior Member x2
  • proud to be a TEXAN in Arkansas
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2020, 11:23:57 AM »
'licks" where meted out 3 at a time when I was in 6th grade, usually by the teacher, and for more serious infractions it was a trip to the principal's off. I can recall one one getting 36 licks from the teacher and 3 trip to the principle. Other than being a hellion in her class, I got along pretty well with my teacher and even worked for her after class and weekends. The 'board was a little bit different story by the time I got to junior high. The principle was a meek fellow and his licks didn't phase me. The coaches on the other hand were a completely different story. One of them was actually pretty abusive and used a shaved off baseball bat that would lift you off the ground.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Online Jeff

• Fearless Leader
  • Administrator
  • I know that I do not know.
    • Share Post
    • THEE Forestry Forum
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 12:33:25 PM »
My English teacher Mr. Tensor's paddle had holes drilled in it to increase speed and accuracy. :D I went home a couple times with my butt looking like a golf ball.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life.
Ezekiel 22:30

Offline sawguy21

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2020, 01:00:08 PM »
 :D
:D

Offline Don P

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Calculator Index
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2020, 01:16:51 PM »
My English teacher Mr. Tensor's paddle had holes drilled in it to increase speed and accuracy. :D I went home a couple times with my butt looking like a golf ball.
That's what I was thinking when I saw it, "he needs to drill out those stars" Not that I ever had any personal experience. Mr Mac could swing for the fences  :D 
A laborer works with his hands
A craftsman uses his brain and his hands
An artist uses his brain, his hands, and his heart

Online Old Greenhorn

• Senior Member x2
  • An old coot, still learning.
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2020, 01:22:08 PM »
Why does this not surprise me? ;D
 When I was in junior high, I had a drafting teacher that would just throw things. First couple of offences he would throw black board erasers, then he would graduate to T-squares, and if you really got his goat he would throw a stool. I was a good student. ;D
 That same year, I had a female history teacher who would walk up and down the aisles and whack kids in the back of the head with here knuckles, not for any offence, just to 'keep them awake'. First time she did it to me I told her if she did it again I would swing back. She laughed. A few days later she did it again and I got up out of my seat and cocked my arm back. She says "You're going to the principals office!" I said "Good because that's where I was going right after this class anyway to talk to him about your behavior'. That really set her off and we went down together. The principal heard my side, then hers and sent me off to my next class. never heard another word about it. Apparently there had been a LOT of complaints and she had been warned several times. The next year she was gone after opening up a kids scalp with the rings she wore on her hands. I never objected to a deserved whooping, it was my fault after all, but a sucker punch out of the blue was a whole different thing.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 450, 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) I mill for fun and my mental health. NYLT Certified.

I ain't the woodcutter, but I can cut wood 'til the woodcutter gets here. OK, maybe I am the woodcutter now.
I can work with wood, but I am NOT a Woodworker

Online Bruno of NH

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2020, 03:06:56 PM »
My mom was a ninja with a wooden spoon. 
There was no waiting to your Dad gets home.
She took care of it.
My Dad worked out of town alot. :D
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls Riehl Steel edger,F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Offline samandothers

• Senior Member x2
  • Been learning on FF since 1/20/12
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2020, 12:03:36 AM »
Not sure how many Board visits I had.  The one I remember was when I was observing a fight.  I was not involved but too close to the action and got caught up in the sweep of offenders and punished as if I was involved.  

Offline Ed_K

• Senior Member x2
  • Leave it better than you found it. Ed_K
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2020, 10:16:50 AM »
 Sounds like catholic school to me :( :o >:(.

Offline sawguy21

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2020, 11:01:53 AM »
I had to behave myself, my 6'3 280 lb dad was the high school shop teacher and vice principal. He was fair, nobody got it unless they had it coming including me but if the kid was dumb enough to get caught he was gonna get it. :D

Offline Nebraska

• Lurked for quite a while, learning !
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2020, 11:52:08 AM »
Mom had one of those rubbermaid spatulas..... Never got it at school, threat was good enough.  Math teacher was really good at pitching erasers though.

Offline BradMarks

• Foresters are TREE-mendous
    • Share Post
    • Pacforest Supply
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2020, 12:24:39 PM »
I went to the principal once in grade school.  When my Dad got wind, he promised it would be more than twice as bad at home (with a belt). That cured me.

Offline samandothers

• Senior Member x2
  • Been learning on FF since 1/20/12
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2020, 12:26:25 PM »
I received in public school, but it was back in the 60's.

Online doc henderson

• Senior Member x2
  • Evil Prevails when Good Men Standby and Do Nothing
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2020, 12:55:38 PM »
I got caught up in a deal in HS.  A girl I was friends with had spent the summer in Spain and was giving a program to the whole school.  I ran cross country with her brother  as well.  Their dad had died suddenly of a heart attack a few years before and we all supported them.  someone in the crowd of 750 students tossed a penny on the gym floor.  then another, then another.  I did not but was accused along with 13 other boys.  nothing corporal, but I was afraid she would find out and think the worst.  In college, I had the opportunity to give her a ride home.  we were able to talk and I made sure she knew I did not do it.  Had to stay some nights after school.  I also was not happy that the administrators thought I might have done that.  everyone denied involvement.  when we signed our kids up at central Christian school for the daycare, the contract made us give permission for corporal punishment, and I balked at that.  my kids were 1 and 3.
timberking B 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor 12 volt tarp motor

Offline curved-wood

• Share Post
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2020, 01:23:29 PM »
It reminds me when the teacher had tried to hit me with a stick but I was faster then him and he miss me and hit the other student beside me that had nothing to do with the problem. Oh boy, did I got he second hit hard  ;D  Nothing to consult a psy when I became adult...just part of the game.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter