The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: EZ Boardwalk  (Read 1423 times)

arky217 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline hopm

• Share Post
EZ Boardwalk
« on: August 08, 2020, 11:57:44 PM »
Never once laid eyes on an ez boardwalk other than pics and videos. First I see followed me home!!! Thanks to all who patiently responded to my questions and gave their time to call me and let me question them about their EZ experience.  

Offline Bruno of NH

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: EZ Boardwalk
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 04:13:19 AM »
Very nice 8)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls Riehl Steel edger,F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Offline Gere Flewelling

• Full Member x2
  • Hobby Miller
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 05:45:54 AM »
Congratulations hopm!  Looks like you made a wise decision and purchase. 8)  There is nothing like a shiny new machine waiting to be operated.  The blue color (my favorite) makes it just that much exciting.  Hope you have a great time making the sawdust fly.  
Old 🚒 Fireman and Snow Cat Repairman

Offline farmfromkansas

• Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 08:54:16 AM »
Please post your experience with the new mill.  Looks like the most capacity for the money you could buy.

Offline trimguy

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 09:21:13 AM »
Congratulations ! And more importantly have fun. 8)

Offline Nebraska

• Senior Member x2
  • Lurked for quite a while, learning !
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2020, 09:51:49 AM »
Used mine yesterday for adopted SIL, had a couple small ash logs and gave them a Red Cedar,  he's started a new project business, since the virus  stuff started, reclaimed wood benches and some tables, any way enjoy the mill.

Offline hopm

• Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2020, 12:53:13 PM »
In response to farmfromkansas...I have been running a smaller mill for a little over 20 years. I saw the EZ about 6 years back and I really liked the simplicity of the design. I retired 3 years ago and started selling some wood and doing some custom cutting. Didnt take long for me to figure there was opportunity in bigger logs people didnt have equipment to handle. It took even less time to figure the loss when I had to whittle (bibby) a log before I started sawing. Started thinking about upgrade and no matter where I looked no matter how I compared EZ 40 was the go to for best bang for the buck.

Cant say enough about how ez😄Stanton, Tim, and David were to patiently accommodate my questions and meet my requests.

I kinda sorta got the mill set up Friday night and planned to saw after I got home from work Saturday,but I happened into to a load of free logs I couldnt pass on. Sooo...I only got to cut one log last night. It was a poplar....12.....got 11 10x 5/4 boards in 15 minutes or so. Needless to say I was very pleased.

My brother said the mill is so simple its high tech. The more I thought about it the more I realized the EZ Boardwalk mill is built and designed from a very high level of technological design that is lost to a large part of society....that being good ol common sense.
So far so good 👍👍👍

Offline Downstream

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2020, 11:05:25 PM »
Congrats on the new mill.  You will be able to make a lot of lumber and sawdust with that machine.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
  • If I don't do it,it don't get done
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 05:00:39 AM »
You will like sawing!!
What's the plan for the lumber?
You need a Logrite cantdog or peavey. Sponsor on the left, nice people.  logrite_cool
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Offline TroyC

• Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2020, 12:45:41 AM »
Congratulations on the new mill! Glad things came together for you. I have about 20 hours on mine now so will do an oil change next time I get to use it.
I agree on the simplicity of the design. 
The 4 dogs are nice. Once the paint wears a little they will smooth out. I did manage to hit the top corner of a squaring arm simply because I did not check that it was lowered and out of the way. 
Mine was set to cut last board at 1 1/8" from bed. Live with it or you will kiss the top of the dog arm.   :D
I used the log turner last week on a large oak I was slabbing. Worked ok. Pine up to 20" I can rotate with cant hook. 
My friend saw the red tank and headed for it with the gas can. Didn't do it but I did put BIG letters on gas and lube just to keep me awake!
Enjoy!

Offline TroyC

• Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2020, 05:27:59 PM »
Maybe someone here can help me with a question. On the EZ40 at the end of the bed there are two ears with 1/2"holes on the inside of the last frame crosspiece.. Can't figure what they are for. The turner doesn't fit between them. I'm sure they are useful for something. Any ideas?

Offline Downstream

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2020, 08:59:20 PM »
There were stops welded on each end of my ezjr rail frame to prevent the saw head from rolling off the track.  Maybe something similar on the ez40.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

Offline TroyC

• Share Post
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2020, 09:03:48 PM »
Not stops, these are in the middle of the last log support, inside of frame. I thought it might be for turner but ears are not wide enough apart.

Offline hopm

• Share Post
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2020, 09:32:48 PM »
The holes on the end or the last log bunk?

Offline Hossco

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2020, 10:11:46 PM »
Do you have the trailer package? 
It is for the log Turner winch system that also helps raise and lower the mill on and off the axle.

Offline hopm

• Share Post
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2020, 07:09:47 AM »
Yes I have the trailer pkg. not sure how winch helps in removal. I left trailer axle in place and raised on blocks with levelers.

Offline TroyC

• Share Post
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2020, 09:27:26 AM »
Hossco- I thought the ears might have something to do with the turner and removing the axle. The ears are inside the last log support. I don't take the axle off but would like to learn how the turner can help remove axle.

Offline bhumph

• Member*
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2020, 12:07:08 PM »
This post might have done it...or my lurking around the board for a while before joining a couple days ago.  But either way, I just put a deposit down on the same mill.  Should be ready at the end of Sept, and I'm pretty excited.  Total newbie, but I've wanted my own mill for quite some time.  When a big storm put LOTS of trees down across south Arkansas in the spring I was really wishing I had one then.  

Offline hopm

• Share Post
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2020, 10:46:30 PM »
You wont be disappointed ....my only problem is that I put lights in my saw shed and I end up sawing way later than I should

Offline hopm

• Share Post
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2020, 04:09:15 PM »
Lots of pluses to the new ez but the thing I like best is no matter where I lay the rule it sits dead on the 6 mark. 👍

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
newbie questions 1220TK or Boardwalk 40 or Boardwalk Jr

Started by DDobbs on Sawmills and Milling

32 Replies
Last post August 12, 2020, 05:59:21 PM
by farmfromkansas
xx
Almost new and new to me EZ Boardwalk Jr.

Started by DDobbs on Sawmills and Milling

21 Replies
Last post March 27, 2014, 08:53:44 PM
by kczbest
xx
EZ boardwalk jr

Started by hbilly on Sawmills and Milling

7 Replies
Last post January 05, 2012, 12:25:57 PM
by locdogg
xx
EZ Boardwalk 40