The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Dynamic Green Products Inc.

Author Topic: met a guy from Missouri on Friday  (Read 1010 times)

Offline mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
Re: met a guy from Missouri on Friday
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2020, 07:27:35 AM »
Took 9 years.  My wife is great on the right mix and intolerable off it. 
Revelation 3:20

Offline Sedgehammer

• Senior Member x2
  • Old enough to know better, but ya only live once!
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2020, 07:34:01 AM »
Yikes, you weren't being funny. My dad was the same way. Could be a royal pain in the backside and after several different things, he was completely different to be around. I think prosac was the one that worked. Trouble was every once in a while he figured he didn't need them and all heck wood break out till he was convinced life was better to be on them.

I commend you for sticking by her through that time. I know it wasn't easy. My buddy I was talking about, she rides him like Lance Armstong's bicycle in a tour de france.  

Offline mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2020, 08:02:09 AM »
Well, medicine isnt a silver bullet unfortunately.. Its also taken 11 years of duking it out for us to learn how to deal with each other.  But its great now.  And i will say this.. Being a mister nice guy doormat never ever works.  Domineering, demanding, alpha type people [like your friends wife and mine] usually wont respect you unless they fear you a little too.  Im not saying violence or abuse but you gotta have a spine.  

If your buddy looked at her and said 'pack your crap and get out' shed probably fall in love with him.  If she doesnt respect him its because she doesnt fear him enforcing his own independant boundaries when she gets out of line.  Shes out of line because he lets her be that way all the time.  

Example:  "hunny get my keys and find my lipstick out of my purse in the car."

:doormat: "yes dear"

:guy who is done getting walked all over:  is your leg broken?  Ive got my own things to do, go get them yourself.  

Yes it will lead to fights that simply must be had in order to restore the balance.  Bottom line has to be "if im not happy im not staying with you, and im not happy with ABCD that you do to me.  Treat me better or sign the papers." 

She will shape up when he holds her to it.  

Offline Sedgehammer

• Senior Member x2
  • Old enough to know better, but ya only live once!
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2020, 09:03:13 AM »
I agree. Even my wife says he needs to grow a spine, cuz he let's her run all over him and it just compounds itself. They have a little girl and until just recently the wife wouldn't allow her to go anywhere with him alone. Plus he has 2 older kids from a previous and she won't let him see them either.

I've talked to him about it and he says he just wants to get along, so I asked him how is it with getting along when he always capitulates......

Offline mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2020, 09:34:00 AM »
Right this minute my wife is at a friends house doing damage control after another crisis. they have chronic marital explosions because the woman is a submissive [an annoying one FULL of issues] who needs a strong willed man to keep her inline, but she has a whispering, repressed wet noodle for a husband and they both brought tons of baggage and children to the mix.  Her first husband needed to be heard one night and she denied him.  He shot himself in front of her.  

Wet noodle doesnt stand up to her, she bosses him like a complete dawg and he takes takes takes takes and takes it some more until he cant bottle another drop.  Then when he needs to be heard, she says not now im tired.  He pulled a gun out last night to be heard because she is too stupid to hear his words but everyone hears a gun.  You cant have a relationship work when its always one wins one loses.  Each party must yield throughout the entire relationship and stand their ground as well if their partner is the steamrolling type.  When the balance skews too far for too long something snaps.  

Never block your partner from speaking.  Always try to hear what they are saying and feeling.  Never put words in their mouth.  Always say what you mean and mean what you say, and keep your hands to yourself in a moment of anger.  Say i need to take a lap around the yard to cool down, i will be right back.  And be quick to say i am sorry about blank.. I was wrong or i didnt mean it or i was hurt by this and just wanted to hurt you back.  It is much more productive to say "youre not going to call me blank anymore" than it is to fire back a return insult.  When they fivht breaks out, everyone always has a bigger cannon in reserve and they all end in divorce.  Stop reaching for your next bigger weapon.  In accidental, spontaneous combat with your spouse, RETREAT!  Go find your white flag as soon as you realize that youve been lured into and engaged in combat.  thermal runaway is real in resistors AND relationships. 

And that concludes my lecture on amish shed builders.   ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
missouri

Started by Tom L on The Outdoor Board

16 Replies
Last post September 13, 2012, 06:28:39 PM
by caver
xx
Missouri

Started by kenskip1 on Chainsaws

7 Replies
Last post July 21, 2016, 09:54:08 PM
by cliffreaves