iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Forum 2020 Christmas Contest!

Started by Jeff, December 08, 2020, 04:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilltop366

Tip
I wrote down the first answer for each one then the last answer to enter when all were completed. This way I could keep track of which ones I completed and not have to redo them. Page refresh is your friend.

:christmas: :new_year:

Stephen1

Merry Christmas to All. 
It only took us 3 nights. Us because I finally had Cathy come and help me. 
Thanks everyone. 
:new_year:
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Rhodemont

Anxious for the Christmas day drawing.  Thank you Jeff, Logrite, and other sponsors.
Woodmizer LT35HD    JD4720 with Norse350 winch
Stihl 362, 039, Echo CS-2511T,  CS-361P and now a CSA 300 C-O

Old Greenhorn

Well I am glad to see the entries are slowly increasing. Just got a jolt when I realized the drawing is only 1 week away. Where do the year go? Oh yeah.....
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

51cub

I started off slow but got the idea eventually. I learned a couple things and had to remember back some of the things I knew I'd read on here before but couldn't remember where. My thanks to Jeff for another fun contest and to all the sponsors
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Jeff

Added another prize! A semi-custom blanket made by @Wildflower .  The winner will get to choose from front and back materials displayed as well as have a name applied.

Here are the choices, and me with my blanket! Yes, I got a blanket too!  So far she has made 17 Christmas blankets this year.

Walnut Beast

I love it. Yes indeed I use a small blanket when I relax in the easy chair. Love the look on your Shepherds face

mad murdock

Quote from: Jeff on December 15, 2020, 07:36:06 AM
16 entries so far. I guess I should have alllowed mail in entries.
I need the address to election HQ so I can send in my absentee and my dead relatives ballots! I have a few more quizzes to go, still noodling!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

tylerltr450

Great job this year. Much harder than last enjoyed the challenge and the refresh button!
Timber Harvester 36HTD25 fully loaded
2006 Dodge 2500 first Auto to NV5600 swap, EFI Live Tune by me
John Deere Tractor
Massey Ferguson 711B SkidSteer

thecfarm

That is nice of Wildflower. Thank you.

Anyone else dare to give the contest a try?  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

I am certain there are many out there that are getting close to finishing, but this one takes a fair amount of time, especially if you don't make some notes along the way. One of the reasons I liked it. If you could do it in a half hour, there wouldn't be much fun in that. But having said that, this isn't one you can wait until the last minute on and just 'get it done'. It will take time whether you like it or not. ;D
 Redundancy, persistence, note taking, and quick use of the refresh key are the secrets here. I love a challenge, and this was surely one of those.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Jeff

I do wish more people would participate but it really doesn't matter. As much time as it takes to succeed in getting in, you can multiply that several times on the time to put it together. For me at this point n my life, putting a challenging contest together is a personal challenge that gets more difficult each year. I do look at it a bit different than I used to. I look at it more now as my way of a gift to those that enjoy it, which I do really love to see.

btulloh

I get that, Jeff, and I appreciate your effort.  I'm almost done and hope to finish this morning and I'm enjoying the challenge.  My big problem has been the annoying things going on that have occupied my time and kept me from working on it.  It requires a bit of concentration and commitment to the process, and I can't seem to go five minutes without something interrupting or taking me away from the important task of finishing the contest.  

Thanks for putting this together again this year and giving us an entertaining and challenging contest!
HM126

btulloh

Well I finally got a chance to finish up this evening and I'm INNNN!  Wow, this was a tough contest this year.  Made me think, remember, take notes and all those annoying things.  I learned some new stuff too - - mainly that I like the contests that ARE LITTLE EASIER than this one!   :D :D

Thanks Jeff and Tammy and all the sponsors and donors of the prizes. 

Merry Christmas everybody.  And, ty the way  :new_year:
HM126

Old Greenhorn

Well the odds just went down.  :D ;D
 Good luck to everyone still working on it, you will get there if you don't give up. Lets see how long you can make my odds! Although in a 50/50 toss up I have about an 80% chance of losing because that is how my luck goes. As I said earlier, the prize for me was the fun of doing the contest and getting it done. Of course, watching the drawing video is also fun.  :)

btulloh

For anyone still working on the contest or yet to start - KEEP AT IT!  Yer gitten there.

". . . endeavor to persevere"
HM126

thecfarm

I enjoyed it. Once I got it figured out ;), it was easy to solve. Thank you for another great year.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

This one was challenging but a lot of fun.  I really enjoyed it.  I always look forward to the diabolical creative things that Jeff can think up  ;D.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

LIL

:D Finally got myself entered, I did complete it but threw away the answers, so just had to do it again, you'd think it would have been easy the 2nd time around  think_not  Love these competitions every year!!

Merry Christmas Forestry Forum Family  :christmas:

LIL
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

DennisK

I get anywhere from 6 to 8 sets of question? Must be that Chrome doesn't like to play along.

btulloh

There's five sets. Chrome is fine. You're just experiencing Jeff's diabolical nature I think.  Some of his popup messages make it seem like you're finishing a level, but you're not. Fooled me at first. When you make a correct answer and then get to the solution screen you've finished one set. You also get there when you give an incorrect answer which can be confusing at first. 

Keep working on it!
HM126

thecfarm

Old Greenhorn

I started in Chrome, wasn't working right, switched to edge and got through the whole thing in 3 short hours.  ;D

Jeff

Thank You Sponsors!