iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

592XP and 585 Huskys

Started by Spike60, January 09, 2021, 06:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walnut Beast

From the specs the 592 has slightly more hp than a 661 where the 500i has a little less grunt and weight than the 661. You can put your information in on the husky site when they will ship

Walnut Beast

Just got a email they are on the way to North America 

Spike60

And any info you get is to be iaken with a grain of salt. Or better yet, with a 5 lb bag of salt. :)

Induvidual SKU's vary of course by the B&C combo chosen. On the good news side, my ship dates have moved up fro 2-14 to 1-31. Problem is they've moved before and can be expected to move again. Even though I'm used to this, I still check them every day because I'n, looking for that "out for pick" message I mentioned earlier.

Getting anxious to see that on several other models too!
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Woodfarmer

Why did Husky go backwards and make the 585 not AT?

snobdds

Quote from: Woodfarmer on January 23, 2022, 09:01:55 AM
Why did Husky go backwards and make the 585 not AT?
To retain the forest service contracts...
Forest Service do not use AT saws...

Spike60

Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Spike60

OK, first 592's arrived yesterday. To add to the anxiety and distraction of waiting for them, they ddn't show up until 4:30 because the fedex truck got stuck in someones poorly plowed driveway. Normally see him around 10:00 AM.

Didn't really look it over too close. Muffler is reinforced from the test saws is all I noticed. Only got 4 on this delivery, and they are spoken for. 20 more on the Spring order.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Walnut Beast

Keep us updated especially the 592

outinthewood

Interesting on the stronger muffler as on mine ,585 & 592, have taken a few bangs already as I said in an earlier post it's like the 575/576 that also was easy to damage.

Real1shepherd

Quote from: Spike60 on January 26, 2022, 05:36:50 AM
OK, first 592's arrived yesterday. To add to the anxiety and distraction of waiting for them, they ddn't show up until 4:30 because the fedex truck got stuck in someones poorly plowed driveway. Normally see him around 10:00 AM.

Didn't really look it over too close. Muffler is reinforced from the test saws is all I noticed. Only got 4 on this delivery, and they are spoken for. 20 more on the Spring order.
Bob, can you be more specific on how the muffler was reinforced....versus the test model?

Kevin

Spike60

Just an extra plate on the front. 
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Real1shepherd

Ok....like Husky did on their bigger cc saws of lore like the 2100. Thanks for the info.

Kevin

Spike60

Also a much better re-design of the captured bar nuts. Expect this will eventually make it to the 565/572, as the side cover is otherwise the same. Which in turn means 372 and 390 covers also swap back and forth with the new saws.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Real1shepherd

So is the bar mount the old 'Husky large mount' or something more specialized?

What I'm getting at is if it will be possible to run .404 large mount bars with a .404 rim sprocket drive.....

Kevin

Spike60

Current 009 mount, same as the rest. No reason ya can't run .404 on it. 

Not sure what you mean by "old" Husky mount. Did you guys out west have mounts for studs larger than the standard 8mm? 
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Real1shepherd

No, just meant that large cc Husky saws have had the 'large mount' bar designation since the 70's. To me that's 'old'.

Kevin

DHansen

I get to pick up my 592xp Friday.  Found out today it came in.  About 6 month wait.  They also had some 585 models show up.  The shop looked well stocked today.  Good to see product on the shelf.

barbender

I was in the local saw shop a few weeks ago, they had a good selection of 572's and one 592. It's a nice looking saw, felt pretty hefty in the store but it's hard to get a true feel for something until it's out in the woods. Good luck with your's!
Too many irons in the fire

DHansen

Thank you.  I will update the tread as to how the saw performs.  The good and the bad.  It has a 32" lite bar.

outinthewood

If my time on the 585, 9 months 592, 6 months is anything to go by you should be very happy.

DHansen

Next step, get it dirty!

Walnut Beast

Looks Awesome! Eager to hear your thoughts on everything 

DHansen

Read through the owners manual this evening.  Few things of note.  Carburetor has high and low adjustment needles.  They do have plastic limiting caps installed.  1/2 turn with limit caps intact.  Saw was shipped with hardware and winter cover.  Other saws I have, the winter cover was purchased separate.  Nice it was included.  Instructions say to use the cover in temps colder than 23° F (-5° C).    I have always used 40:1 oil/fuel mix.  Manual is suggesting 50:1 No need to discuss mix ratio, we all have our own preferred mix.  I'll stick with the 40:1 

barbender

Can it run with the 61?😁
Too many irons in the fire

DHansen

Have one more major upgrade to do on the 61.  Then it will.  Waiting for an XP sticker! 

Thank You Sponsors!