The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: TaaS  (Read 706 times)

Offline mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
Re: TaaS
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2021, 03:53:27 AM »
Recon what an ev with bad battery is worth?

About minus $1000 in hazardous waste disposal charges. ???

That's a problem they haven't worked out yet.

Like i said never waste a crisis.  Thats the one in the works that just hasnt been phased in yet. 

First we're all forced onto electric vehicles to save the icecaps, THEN the landfill hazwaste issue that just couldnt have been foreseen upfront by anyone with a pulse is the new crisis that global regulators will be forced to solve at our expense or the greenhouse gods will smite us all.  

Psalm 37:16

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2021, 04:00:26 AM »
Their not even recycling electronics over here are they? All shipped off to Asia to deal with. Plus they are making them. We regulate here and allow those with less regulation to do all the work, then buy from them. If we truely had standards, trade would cease unless compliance with our standards. It hasn't happened yet, probably won't. You want them Ipads. ;)
No amount of belief makes something a fact. James Randi

Offline PoginyHill

• Gentleman logger
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2021, 03:30:17 PM »
Watched the video the OP linked. Different than I was expecting, but I'm still no follower of the message. I have never seen anyone come remotely close in predicting such a huge change in the future. Whether it be when to expect the second coming or the utility of computers ("I think there is a world market for maybe five computers" Thomas Watson, president of IBM - 1943) or "peak oil" countless times - all of which have proven wrong, or Al Gore's prediction of no more polar ice by 2013.

(But then again I guess on average the climate alarmists, on average, have been correct. In the 1970's it was global cooling. Now it's global warming. So on average we're doing just fine, I guess.)

The other statement made in the video that is hard to swallow - The change in transportation will happen in spite of government, not because of it. Au contraire! I think predictions fail often because human nature cannot be accounted for very well - whether for the good or for the bad. I can't see enough people giving up the independence that their autos provide to make transportation as we know it go away. The only way to force human nature in a specific direction is to force it.
Kubota M7060, Cat E70B, Case 310, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 391

Offline dougtrr2

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2021, 08:12:41 AM »
I watched the entire video.  An awful lot of assumptions made that don't take into account our human nature.  He makes the point of the greatly reduced cost making it inevitable.  But right now many of us could car pool and cut our gas cost in half.  How many are carpooling?  

I was also struck by his saying all the parking will go away.  If we are all using this service, where are all those cars going to be parked at midnight when we aren't using them.

Notice that there was no chance to ask questions.  There were so many statements and statistics  thrown out as absolute facts that I think would unravel if they were looked at.

Interesting watch, but early on was pointing out all the "experts" that missed major trends.  I think he is in that group.  We will know in just 9 years.

Doug in SW IA

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter