iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Mason Dixon Line

Started by Roxie, April 01, 2005, 08:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

Problem is, the animals don't like to use the crossings because the predators such as wolves and coyotes have learned to hang out here. Minnesota boy is right, you really do not want to hit a bear. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

firtol88

Quote from: Fraxinus on April 02, 2005, 12:04:49 AM
The trashiest roads I ever saw were in Arkansas.
Seems like in Pennsylvania, they should at least pick up the dead deer.  I'll guarantee no deer or moose would ever go to waste here in NH.

Just figured I'd weigh in on the Arkansas roads. Brought the family to Tanyard Springs http://www.tanyardsprings.com for a week around new years (the place can't be beat). To be fair you can't drive more than 2 miles without seeing a '$1000 fine for littering' sign and the roadsides are exceptionally clean. Guess they were making up for something, but it seems to have worked.
There's men who drink Guinness, and there's men who drink what's left when we're done with it.

* Note to Democrats, yes please flee to Canada!

Stump Jumper

How far west does the imaginary Mason Dixon line go and what states does it go through? ???  In other words am I a yankee sometimes I feel I have a little rebel in me. :D :D :D
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Bro. Noble

firtol88.

The Petit Jean Mountain is one of our favorite get aways too.  We stay at the Lodge or cabins in the state park.  There are very nice hiking trails,  views, and really good food at the lodge.  And it is very reasonably priced :)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Ron Wenrich

The Mason-Dixon only runs between PA and MD, so you're safe.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

firtol88

Quote from: Bro. Noble on April 08, 2005, 05:57:18 AM
...The Petit Jean Mountain is one of our favorite get aways too.  We stay at the Lodge or cabins in the state park.  There are very nice hiking trails,  views, and really good food at the lodge.  And it is very reasonably priced :)

That was our second trip there and I must agree it is a beautiful place, on our first trip we stayed in the park cabins. If you can swing it (almost twice the price) the ones at Tanyard are much farther apart (not hard to accomplish when considering the park ones) which affords some privacy and allows younger children or adults to be a bit rambunctious without bothering others. Not to mention how nice the interiors are, those places are beautiful and well cared for... guess I could go on and on but I'm sure you get the point I would spend the extra money again without hesitation.
There's men who drink Guinness, and there's men who drink what's left when we're done with it.

* Note to Democrats, yes please flee to Canada!

Thank You Sponsors!