iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Daily Firewood Picture Thread

Started by mike_belben, May 09, 2021, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodroe

Carry all.  3/4 cord front and back combined. Like it. No more fishing wood out of the truck bed.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

SwampDonkey

I use an old garden hoe here to pull wood to the tail gate of the truck. My truck has a cap. And the wood is 3 miles from home where I cut. Works good for me.

I'm going to stack whatever wood I can this weekend into the house, with a pile left over for the shop. Hopefully at least 3 ranks will go in the house, 4 ranks would give me over 3 cord in there. I've still got another 6 cord under the porch, 2-1/2 cord dry.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

The house wood is all in since the weekend, 8-1/2 cords. I have 2 cord for the shop left over.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

B.C.C. Lapp

Plenty of firewood poles stacked up in the wood yard.   I had a cord split by noon today.   I texted Mrs. Lapp to see if she would come out and stack some. Nope, she's busy.  Dang it. smiley_thumbsdown
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

barbender

That is nice pole wood, my processor would love that stuff!
Too many irons in the fire

B.C.C. Lapp

cutterboy

BCC, nice looking firewood stems. Did you harvest those poles or did you buy some truck loads. Anyway, they will make some nice firewood.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

B.C.C. Lapp

Cutter, a lot of both. i bought some of that stuff from a buddy that has gone totally mechanized logging and some are coming off a job I'm cutting near Meadville Pa.  I don't buy poles from guys I don't know and trust cause i get muddy wood, to may short poles and over all its hard to make much off bad loads. I like mainly supplying myself and its not hard.  My goal for this year is to sell 110 full cords but I doubt Ill hit that.  

Thank You Sponsors!