Go Big or Go Home, Going Big

Started by SawyerTed, May 28, 2021, 12:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

moodnacreek

This is all interesting to me as it represents the opposite of what my little 1 1/2 man sawmill does and the way I think. I try to fulfill a small special market that can make a profit  and therefore ignore the low grade as much as possible. It has to be this way because production is so small.    So you are taking hardwood pulp or other small dia. wood and producing what it is good for in bulk. I suppose volume is a must.   Anyhow timing is everything and fuel just went berserk so if this keeps up the firewood will sell and must cost more also.   Seriously the best of luck with all this, Doug

jasonb

It is not every day you get to see a paper chart recorder in use.  Is it for regulatory purposes?
HM122

SawyerTed

Yes for corroborating the boiler and kiln runs.  Boiler has to be at operating temperature and pressure at the same time the kiln is meeting USDA heat treatment temperatures.

We intend on running heat treating charges for dunnage and pallets.  The  documentation will be there for QA.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!