iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2021 Annual Forestry Forum Pig Roast August 6 & 7th, 2021!

Started by Jeff, June 09, 2021, 11:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Crusarius

I am still looking for a place for sure. I really enjoyed lakeside last time I stayed there. 

I sent you a pm

firefighter ontheside

I arrived at Hidden Hills about 30 minutes ago.  I'm in site 36 for anyone else that may be arriving.  This guy bought the campground just a few months ago, so when I made my reservation he didn't own it.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Old Greenhorn

Well, get settled in, get some groceries in the fridge, have some dinner and relax a bit. Oh and if you happen to find a close by beer outlet, let me know (asking for a friend). :D ;D Glad you made it safe and sound (Ft. Wayne excluded. >:()
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

firefighter ontheside

I forgot to buy beer.  Dang it!  I brought 2 with me but they are warm.  Maybe the freezer will get them cold quickly.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Old Greenhorn

Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Magicman

The count is a bit off but PatD and I will make it 69 & 70 I think. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Old Greenhorn

Woo Hoo! :D 8) smiley_clapping dancing-jack

Yeah, the count is a bit off because of cancellations etc. but it will be great to meet you finally!

Jeff

Yea! Just so ya all know, I only knew when the dude pulled a knife on me!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tacotodd

Quote from: Jeff on August 03, 2021, 06:51:35 AM
Yea! Just so ya all know, I only knew when the dude pulled a knife on me!
Please elaborate. say_what
Trying harder everyday.

Old Greenhorn

Jeff

Last night he texted me a picture of his john Neeman knife (Is texted a word?)  I replied does that thing hold an edge. He replied good enough to cut up a pig. I said is that a subliminal message? He says not subliminal. The dude pulled a knife!  :D

Old Greenhorn

MM? Well then we will just have to see for ourselves. :D ;D

Tacotodd

Jeff, you had me worried about (apparently) something that I need not be. G O O D !!!
Trying harder everyday.

Jeff

Old Greenhorn

After the first Christmas contest I threw myself into I learned that I am going to need another decade to understand Jeff's devious mind and warped sense of humor. I figured this was something like that. You never know exactly where he is going and it's even difficult to parse out where he is coming from. Just wait and eventually you will see that 'he got you ..... again'.
 This should be a fun weekend. :)
 Yeah, when are you heading in Todd?

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Old Greenhorn

Looks like they only have rustic sites available at Hidden Hill. I bet MM has a well thought plan.
 FFOTS, do they have WiFi at the CG?

Magicman

Jeff wasn't joking.  My John Neeman knife has helped carve several Pig Roast Pigs.

We did not know until noon yesterday that we would be able to attend, but by then, where to stay?  No hotel rooms anywhere except in Houghton Lake and the room was $270 per night.  Some searching found a B&B in Clare for Thursday and Friday nights so we will have to leave for home Saturday evening and find a room somewhere on the road.  We will leave home tomorrow and spend one night on the road.  I didn't want to pull the fiver that far for only a weekend.  Yes, HH has WiFi.

We are looking forward to seeing some of you Friday and all of you Saturday.   move_it
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tacotodd

Guys, I'm gonna jet from this joint Thursday night, possibly Friday (early) AM. But I hope it's Thursday. I'm checking some paperwork & final packing in the meantime. Boy, I can hardly contain myself! ;) I'm SURE looking forward to this shindig. You guys get to meet my wife as well. She is looking forward to it also, but only about half as much as I am :o
Trying harder everyday.

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Tacotodd

MM, that's a fine meat carver for sure. How many of Bambis' relatives has it done? My USMC KaBar has done, um, so many that I've lost count. And I've only had to sharpen it with a file, once for every two deer to get it back to shaving sharp, and I LIKE sharp knives! You're less likely to be cut by one like that. ;)
Trying harder everyday.

Tacotodd

There's just something about that steel. Holds an edge well but doesn't seem brittle, but I really don't want to find out  :'(
Trying harder everyday.

Magicman

If I remember correctly that is D2 steel and hardened to 62.  No deer is worthy of that knife, only Elk and PR Pigs. 

That knife is the last item that John Neeman made under the John Neeman name before Autine.

Tacotodd

D2 is good stuff for knives, but mine is just high carbon. Original type stuff for us both.

Back to where/what this thread is about...
Trying harder everyday.

Thank You Sponsors!