iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Electric brakes

Started by Ralph_C, April 17, 2005, 10:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph_C

Hello:  I have been lurking in the shadows for a long time.  I am building a bandsaw saw mill. 

I bought two axles from a farmer.  One axle has a type of brakes I have not seen before.  I need to buy some parts but I cannot find any data as to who  mfg. this brake system.  If anyone has any information on these brakes, please let me know.

Fla._Deadheader

Look like magnetic coil brakes??  Similar to mobile home axles ??
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

isawlogs

NAPA usualy carries parts for them ...
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

hiya

They look about like the breakes on my trailer, ( from a mobile home).
Richard
RichardinMd.

Stump Jumper

we have a tri axle trailer which had forman axles under it could not buy break parts anywhere the drums were good so we measured them and they were 12"x 2"  we got with dexter axles and they had new backing plates, brake shoes, magnet, and hardware all assembled as a kit for $80 per drum we just had to cut the old backing plates off and install the new ones square and weld them on a little time in the alignment  process but i think it was worth it
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Ralph_C

I would like to thank all of you that responded to my brake question.  After doing some measuring, I will not be able to use the axles. They are 4in. drop axles.  That would put the top of the tires 6in. above the mill bed.  I could use longer shackles but I don' t want to do that.

I only gave 20.00 each for them. Will try to sell in yard sale.

Thank You Sponsors!