iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stihl 500 i

Started by slider, September 15, 2021, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skeans1

The west coast cover it's a hole in the front but it's at an angle with a little restriction plus it's got a screen in it. In the summer during fire season we have to switch back to stock equipment so you can tell a difference between switching just the cover.

teakwood

Quote from: ehp on October 14, 2021, 08:21:54 AMI build my own and no where even close to as loud as the others and I get as much performance if not more out of mine

I like that, i don't muffler mod to have a screamer. I really want the power gain and know this has to come with more noise, but the west coast mufflers seems pretty aggressive to me
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Skeans1

@teakwood 
One of the biggest bonuses to the west coast or that style of cover is it gets the cover off the bark which can start a fire. Even cutting in the winter here I've had moss or the like start smoldering from the factory cover touching for too long.

ehp

I donot exit out the front like the west coast cause you know thats going to raise the noise level a lot , I exit out the side like the factory so yes it raises the noise but hardly at all 

Thank You Sponsors!