iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

truisms - Saying you have found true

Started by DDW_OR, October 01, 2021, 01:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Greenhorn

Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Tacotodd

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on October 04, 2021, 05:56:13 AM
I hope you have a great Birthday @Tacotodd !
Thx Tom, I hope that you're having the time of your life! pc_smiley
Trying harder everyday.

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Tacotodd

Thx guys, really. But to me, it's just anudder day. (say it slowly ::). Besides, you know how us "Arkies" talk)
Trying harder everyday.

jimbarry

Good things come to those who wait, but usually it's the things left by those who hustle.

samandothers

There are 3 sides to a story.  There is your side, my side and the right side.  It often comes to mind when reading some of the restricted topics!

Crusarius

you can have it right, or right now. Take your pick.

Why is it they always choose right now then complain about not having accurate results?

WV Sawmiller

I think this one was from Larry the Cable guy - The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Hilltop366

If someone says "the early bird gets the worm" I reply "the early worm gets eaten"

dgdrls

Couple of my favorites from Will Rogers
"Never miss a good chance to shut up."
"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts."

D

hacknchop

Quote from Wayne Gretzky " you miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
Often wrong never indoubt

WDH

"You can't catch a rabbit with your dog tied."
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WV Sawmiller

If at first you don't succeed, so much for sky diving.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Hickory Bow

WV Sawmiller

Hickory,

You need to read this thread from the start - already covered a couple times. :D
Howard Green

DDW_OR

Quote from: dgdrls on October 04, 2021, 09:13:35 PM
Couple of my favorites from Will Rogers
"Never miss a good chance to shut up."
"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts."

D
have you watched the movie, The Story Of Will Rogers
played by his son
"let the machines do the work"

DDW_OR

Red Skelton is an other good actor
"All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner. "

Patrick NC

"Stupid should hurt."
Most every time I've done something stupid there was some level of pain involved. Which leads to the next one. 
"There's pain that hurts,  and pain that alters." 
I guess that would be true because if it hurts bad enough,  most of the time that teaches you not to do that stupid thing again. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

doc henderson

If a man utters a sentence in the forest, and no woman is around to hear it, is he still wrong! :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Patrick NC

Quote from: doc henderson on October 06, 2021, 01:24:01 PM
If a man utters a sentence in the forest, and no woman is around to hear it, is he still wrong! :)
Absolutely! Just ask my wife. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

DDW_OR

from my High School history teacher, Mr. Follet
"Love makes the world go around, But money makes it go faster"

Tacotodd

Ignorance is temporary, stupid is permanent. 

Translation: you can teach an ignorant person the correct way and/or they will know better. Stupid is forever. 

Another way to look at it: ignorance is only on the surface, stupid is through & through.
Trying harder everyday.

WV Sawmiller

I mentioned it on a sister thread but it seems appropriate here too - "Where there's confusion, there's money to be made."
Howard Green

hacknchop

This is a saying that is supposed to make you feel better when something bad happens "it's never so bad that it couldn't be worse" has never worked for me personally.
Often wrong never indoubt

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: hacknchop on October 07, 2021, 10:03:37 PM
This is a saying that is supposed to make you feel better when something bad happens "it's never so bad that it couldn't be worse" has never worked for me personally.
This one may work better for you, it has for me:
"It could always be worse, and if you wait a little while, it will be"
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Thank You Sponsors!