iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Preventative Medicine

Started by mike_belben, November 02, 2021, 10:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HemlockKing

Quote from: mike_belben on February 04, 2022, 12:02:15 PM
Been a spell.  2000s i guess

I do miss whoppers.  Not had one in months.  To be sure i wouldnt, i gave my $25 BK card to some scabby meth head carrying all his posessions in trashbags on a rainy day.  I told him he could ride in the cab and he kinda looked at me and said ehh.  Ill ride in the bed.  

I guess he thought i was the crazy one  :D
A&W is my favorite fastfood but there isn;t many around me. Mcdonalds and tim hortons and subway is all I got in my town. I go to mcdonalds for coffee typically sometimes I will get a egg mcmuffin. The fries are good too, but as I age they take more of a toll on my stomach, can only stomach medium or small frys now. They are just tough to break down. have you ever left mcdonalds food out in the open and found it awhile later? it looks the same except it lost some moisture so it shrunk a little....nasty.
A1

newoodguy78

I very rarely eat fast food. When I do McDonald's is never on the list. Their food does not agree with me at all. It goes through me so fast it simply can't be good. 

SwampDonkey

I avoid fast food 99.99% of the year. Used to like a southwestern chicken sandwich once in awhile at McDonald's but they ruined that now, not real chicken breast for the last 4 years. ::) No idea what it is suppose to be, I bet no one there could tell either. It must suck working at McDonald's. Youtube is full of McDonald's job advertising for the desperate, down and out. Besides that Superstore grocery has chicken breast perpetually on sale on there, every week. That not get a grin out of ya? Don't be a sour puss. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mike_belben

Id been a very good boy for a few days.. Yesterday afternoon had cheese and crackers.  Ive been up since 4am with swollen knee pain. and my lower abdomen aching in the normal "this must be hunger" way i have spent my life feeling.   

Its not hunger.  Its something in those crackers that dont belong in my intestines. And theyre not worth it.  I feel soo much better on real, unprocessed food.
Praise The Lord

Chuck White

What brand are the crackers you're eating?

There are at least a dozen different brands available!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mike_belben

Doesnt matter they all have the same ingredients.  Its the same feeling i get when i eat anything with refined wheat flour and vegetable oil.  A sandwich will do the same thing.  

Mayo or ranch will just hurt my knees. 

Im gonna try oatmeal again soon to see what happens but we dont have any right now.  I miss it.  plain unsugared greek yogurt loaded with fruit, nuts, ground flax and chia seeds, honey and mollasses has become a good satisfying replacement.  Sorta my bowl of icecream now. 
Praise The Lord

snobdds

Are you sure you don't have gout...food shouldn't have that big of an impact on joints. 

mike_belben

Not gout.  Arthritis.  Been positively linked to the immune system which starts in the gut microbiome. 
Praise The Lord

Magicman

You apparently are allergic to "gluten"??  We have a granddaughter that is.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

snobdds

Quote from: mike_belben on February 08, 2022, 12:38:18 PM
Not gout.  Arthritis.  Been positively linked to the immune system which starts in the gut microbiome.
Gout is a form of Arthritis...only it's more closely aligned with diet.  

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

SwampDonkey

Like MM says, it could be the gluten intolerance or possibly celiac disease.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mike_belben

I know people with both very well and i have neither.  I can eat anything i want and not be sick or running to the bathroom like them at all. I can eat a straight loaf of bread. Actually i have eaten many on the road and felt "fine."

My definition of fine has changed.

Until quitting i couldnt tell that its not good for you.  If any of you guys quit grains, processed foods, refined sugar and seed oils you will feel completely different too.  Then dabbling back to "normal food" will make you notice the old normal coming back, because inflammatory food was the cause.

I may have early stages of Rheumatoid arthritis perhaps.. that i aim to nip in the bud. I was born with a fused spine and have many X rays showing bone spurs and skeletal degeneration. All my joints ache.  Knuckles, digits, wrists, elbows, shoulders, knees, whole back, hips etc

RA is when the immune system is triggered to launch an inflammatory attack in the joints.  MS is when it inflames the brain stem. Optic neuritis is when it goes after your optic nerve.  IBS is your gasto system.  Either way these all have an immune system response at their root.  omega 6 fatty acid excess causes that. A lack of fiber leads your fiber loving gut bacteria to eat your epithelial mucosa barrier for lunch, also launching a widespread immune inflammatory scenario.    Simple cure, fix your omega 6 overdose and eat fiber.  Inflammation goes away.

The normal food stuff causes me to go back to feeling "normal" aches and pains that i finally got relief from.  Thats what i am documenting here hoping others will make a change to get their health back.
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Cell death and mitochondrial dysfunction induced by the dietary non-proteinogenic amino acid L-azetidine-2-carboxylic acid (Aze) - PubMed

Sugar beet agriculture makes up 30% of the sucrose supply.  There is an amino acid in it designed to poison competitive plants and kill animals that consume it.  This is toxic to humans.  The beet pulp routinely goes into the animal feed ration. So this means our non natural sugar supply and our cheap beef contains a low level of toxin..

And.. sugar is clinically addictive.
Fat Chance: Fructose 2.0 - YouTube

Thats why its hard to quit sugar and fast food.  Now that im off it, one little taste andi can instantly feel the pull to want more.  

This has been a very good resources for choosing what foods to buy, as it graphs satiety and ranks foods in order of their mineral composition and content if you do some clicking through the 8 parts.

Protein for Weight Loss: How Much You Need and Why it Works | Optimising Nutrition

The link above is about satiety data.. How quickly your brain is told 'stop eating, youre full' by the ingredients you eat.  Fat and sugar say eat me til you puke, and have no nutrition. 

now that the food is so expensive we literally have to choose between this or that.  It really helps me decide between say pecans or pistachios. Both outrageously expensive and great for you but one is gonna help you be satisfied eating less and still have all the nutrition needed.   High nutritional density per dollar is a requirement for me nowdays.

Milk is the only liquid i buy now. Otherwise its just water.  Boring, but for the best.

Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Canavanine is another of these poisonous amino acids that mimics another one and is accidentally incorporated into proteins.  its in many legumes.. Be sure your beans and peas are well cooked. 

Im not sure if soy based cattle feed can pass this on to the consumer.

Praise The Lord

Walnut Beast

Gulp some high stimulant pre workout 🏋️‍♀️ down and in about a half hour when it kicks in put your headphones on crank up some music like this Aldo Nova Fantasy https://youtu.be/miSMxBP42W0 and start moving some iron. Get a good workout in and drink a post workout shake

Thank You Sponsors!