Sponsors:

Roadcrazy Truck

Started by Bro. Noble, April 18, 2005, 10:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UNCLEBUCK

Bro. Just a thought but is it possible that your front springs are weak ?  :P
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Tom

Now, that's an idea.  Worn shocks  wll make an automobile  have a mind of its own.

Bro. Noble

Gosh,  I thought we'd checked about everything------now I got a whole new list of stuff to look at ::)

Roy it does have Bud wheels.  The alignment guy spun the front ones to check balance and I think a bent wheel would have shown up,  wouldn't it?

Thanks again for all the ideas. :)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

bitternut

Well a long time ago I had a set of those infamous firestone 500's on my car. It wandered all over the road and when you touched the brakes it wanted to head for the ditch. A mechanic drove it and told me I needed new brakes. Well before I could let him put new brakes on firestone came around and replaced the tires for free. Seems like the belts were slipping around in the tire. They gave a brand new set of 721's. You know 7 wrapped around 2 wrapped around 1 or something like that. Well those radials were not any better. They ended up doing the same thing. Got another free set and shortly after that got a new car without firestones on it.

Since you said your tires were radials and the truck wandered with or without a load I guess maybe it could be just your tires have slipped belts. Sounds as though you have tried just about everything else. Good luck in your search. Tell your sone to keep his hands on the wheel and his mind on driving in the meantime.

Bro. Noble

Our old milkhauler is coming by in the morning to drive the truck and try to help us figger out what the problem is.  I asked him to check in on the forum and read your suggestions.  Hope he joins us on the forum cause he belongs here. :D :D

UNCLEBUCK

My dad had a old 1959 ford 2 ton grain truck that use to get squirrely loaded or empty and eventually the left axle finally came out while hauling a heavy load but it only came out about a foot and thats the last it ever got driven . Just another thought . Milk truck driver he"ll know !

tnlogger

that 67 c60 of mine did that a while ago would road walk light or heavy turned out when i changed the front tires it stop  ???
gene

OneWithWood

I experienced that type of drifting once after having a new set of tires put on a truck.  It turned out to be over inflated tires.  Did someone recently air up the tires?
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Bro. Noble

Well,  David came and looked over the Forestry Forum and then the truck.  Right off he found some stuff the front end guy missed-------wear in the king pins and wheel bearings that needed adjusting.

Then he drove it and said it is now handling well (thanks to properly greasing the king pins) but he estimated that the speedometer is reading about 10 mph too slow at road speed.  No wonder Tom said he had trouble keeping it in the road over 55 :o :o

By the way,  I encouraged David to join the forum and after reading some of the posts,  I think he will.  I wasn't thinking real clear when I asked him :-\  I forgot how he stretches the truth sometimes,  so anything he might say that involves me,  don't believe a word of it ;)  He was our milk hauler for about 20 years and I sure miss seeing him on a regular basis.

Fla._Deadheader

Ahhhhh,  Milk Haulers.  Worse than wash women.  ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Can't get away with nuttin now, Bro. Noble.  ::) :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

UNCLEBUCK

The milk truck driver around here says that in the winter everyone waits for the milk truck to open up their driveways in the morning then he see"s all their vehicles in town later.  ???

Thank You Sponsors!