iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2021 Christmas Contest

Started by Jeff, December 12, 2021, 04:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheepkeeper

Got-er-done! Wasn't as challenging as some of the previous ones. The biggest challenge for me was staying awake through the videos, shouldn't try doing this when one is tiredzzzzzzzzzzz  :D Thanks again Jeff (and Tammy) and the sponsors. This place wouldn't exist without you.
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

Jeff

Quote from: Sheepkeeper on December 19, 2021, 04:50:01 PMThe biggest challenge for me was staying awake through the videos

well, that doen't sound encouraging for my future video making endeavors :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Sheepkeeper

Nothing to do with the quality of your videos Jeff. I thoroughly enjoy watching them, it's just that I shouldn't try watching when I'm sleep deprived. Keep them coming, please.  popcorn_smiley
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

trimguy

I had watched some of the videos before the contest And recognized some of the clues. But, didn't remember for sure which video they were in. So, I'm watching all of them and I'm about 2/3 done.

Jeff

LIL

Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

Old Greenhorn

Remember Jeff, you gave everybody an extra week this year. I bet some folks are just trying to get winter prep work done and planning on settling in on the contest during the Christmas week.
 On the other hand, I will mention to those folks that this one will take some time, so don't leave it to the last minute, you will need time to work through it.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

trimguy

Jeff

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on December 20, 2021, 07:24:21 PMRemember Jeff, you gave everybody an extra week this year.

In all honesty...  That was for me.;)

Old Greenhorn

Just a reminder, there are a little over 7 days left in the contest and plenty of time to get yourselves entered. There are 5 great prizes, but more importantly, the contest is just good fun. If the prizes do matter to you, the odds are really good right now so get your name in the mix!
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

thecfarm

I enjoyed that video. 
As most know, I live here on family land. I hope my parents approve of all of the things that I have done here.
Only had time to watch 4-5 videos, I have some letters.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

trimguy

Ljohnsaw

Pretty quiet here.  Jeff, what's the official entry count so far? 6 or 8?  There's got to be more then that...

How about another clue for those that are trying - Give thanks to the most generous sponsor (IMHO) of the FF. ;)  (note the style...) (gotta keep it a little cryptic)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038
Ford 545D FEL
Genie S45
Davis Little Monster backhoe
Case 16+4 Trencher
Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thecfarm

Got another one. Does not seem to make any sense yet. 
Oh wait!! Why would it? 
This is the FF Christmas Contest.  :D  :D

Jeff

Not many entries, that makes only a few of you so far, special. :D  i will say I better not hear about someone accidentally helping someone that worked real hard at trying to get entered to get entered, that's something I just dont want to hear about. Nununununununun.

As for giving you clues to thee that didnt give it a shot? . :) 

davch00

Quote from: thecfarm on December 29, 2021, 08:11:09 PM
Got another one. Does not seem to make any sense yet.
Oh wait!! Why would it?
This is the FF Christmas Contest.  :D  :D
I didn't think it made sense either, until I was entering the phrase. 

Jeff

Old Greenhorn

C'mon folks, you've got about 36 hours left and this is very do-able. Let's make it a horse race. Make sure the rules you are working from are the current ones as corrected since the first days of the contest. If you printed the thread out on the first day you might be working with one clue that is not quite correct (#12).

doc henderson

I have watched the videos as they came out, not sure I will get time this year.  got the schedule done.  finished day 1 out of 5 (nights 12-hour shifts) and I still have to upload receipts for my business expense before the new year.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

Ive announced the winners in the first post. Thank you to those of you that at least gave it a shot.  and most of all thank you to Logrite, Riteleg, Bluecreeper, thecfarm and Doc Henderson for supplying the prizes.

Happy New Year.

Old Greenhorn

Congratulations to all the participants. It was a fun contest for sure. Thanks to all the sponsors for the prize donations that to add to the fun. Most of all thank you Jeff for the time, effort, and love you put into this each time you do it.

I wish the best in the New Year to all our members, and a successful year to all our sponsors!

Marty

Thank you Jeff for your time and effort in putting on this contest. I also appreciate you creating a place of shared knowledge and entertainment. Thank you Doc Henderson for your donation. I am very excited about the Laser engraved Charcuterie Board. 

Jeff

So, I may as well try To get you to watch one more video. :)  

For New Years Eve, Tammy and I stayed home and made bean soup then we made homemade Apple Pie Pasties. Pasty crust from scratch filled with homemade filling from our Wolf River Apples grown on our place near Detour Village and baked to perfection in our Air Fryer!
crust:
3 cups flour
1 cup lard (part butter for taste)
1/2 tsp salt
+/- 1 cup cold water
filling
About a cup and a half of apple chunked up frozen apple slices
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp flour
CRUSHED PECANS THAT I FORGOT!!
Happy New Years to everyone! No potential prizes for watching. Sorry.
https://youtu.be/YyOG92xTBiM

Thank You Sponsors!