iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shiplap equipment

Started by DaleK, December 15, 2021, 02:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaleK

What are you using to groove shiplap where you don't have electricity? Just running a heavy table saw or router table off a gas engine like the Amish do or something else?
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

redbeard

It's amazing what all you can do with chainsaws. Just need too get creative with making jigs for the bar too control depth and widths.
I take it your building in very remote area.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Joe Hillmann

Once I get to that point on the house I am building my thought is to set up the buzz saw on my tractor as a line shaft and use v belts from that to power my table saw and shaper.

The other option would be to use a generator, but at the moment the only generator I have isn't up to the task, and I would prefer not to spend money on a bigger one.

D6c

Wouldn't take much of a generator to run a corded router....or charge the battery for a battery powered router.

SawyerTed

I agree on the generator.  It won't take a very high wattage generator to run a router in a router table or a contractor's saw with a dado head.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!