iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Score Of The Day Thread

Started by mike_belben, December 15, 2021, 09:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljohnsaw

I was thinking I might need a swivel.  Thanks for the pic.  But, looking at the manual, it appears that the shaft is set up to be a straight shot.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

aigheadish

Just catching up here...

Tom King your saw and delivery story make it an incredible score! 

My score came in the form of doing some backhoe work at the neighbors house. He always offers to pay me but usually, though it's not fun work, it's easy enough, and he's like a billion years old. He's got a lot of junk sitting around and this time, like what often happens, he offered to pay me and I just told him I'd take 2 metal pipes he had sitting there. They are about 6 feet long and 4" diameter. I have no idea what I'll do with them but they seem like something that may be handy to have around. He also keeps an eye out for big rocks for me, which is nice.
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Tom King

That snow blower looks like a great deal for someone that needs one.  I've never actually seen one in person.

Ljohnsaw

I called Troybilt and said I was looking for the missing crank handle.  He asked if I bought it new (technically I did), the model and serial numbers and is sending out the parts for free! 

I'm having a run of good luck these last few days.  Called the bank to get some checks printed.  You know, those paper things you write on to pay someone.  I use about 4 a year.  She asked it I want a 40 or 80 order.  I said make it 80 and I'll be good for the next 20 years.  Printing and shipping at no charge!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

21incher

Great find but I want videos of you attacking 8ft drifts up at the cabin 😃. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

bigblockyeti

Quote from: Tom King on January 05, 2023, 08:32:35 AM
That snow blower looks like a great deal for someone that needs one.  I've never actually seen one in person.
There is something strangely satisfying about blowing heavy snow in no wind that can cleared almost completely in one pass and deposited right where you want it.  The light, fluffy stuff sometimes proves difficult as it's fractionally heavier than air and two stage snowblowers want heavy snow.  The shine is gone from the apple pretty quick when you have to remove snow that's been run over a time or two, or it's windy and 80% of the snow blows right back where you don't want it.  My least favorite is when you finish and the city plow blocks the end of the driveway with a row of frozen slush 10 minutes later but you find it 2 hours later when it's frozen hard as granite.  
I do miss seeing snow but I do not miss living where it would fall regularly.
$500 does seem like a good deal for that snowblower given that it's new.  Maybe I'm glutton for punishment but I've had a half dozen or so various snowblowers while I lived in OH and I probably payed less than $300 for all of them, they all needed far more work than anything new would.

Old Greenhorn

Blowing snow in windy conditions is great fun! It's how I put on  my blizzard face. :D

Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Resonator

When I bought my 58hp 4wd Kubota tractor new, I got it with a 72" pto snowblower. I will say it is fun to rev up the throttle and eat drifts, snowbanks, and launch snow all the way into next winter. 
Though without a cab, I definitely have become an expert in wind direction running it.  :snowman: ;D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

JD Guy

Quote from: Tom King on January 05, 2023, 08:32:35 AM
That snow blower looks like a great deal for someone that needs one.  I've never actually seen one in person.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

btulloh

Got this J2000 today for $120. New in box.  Basic kit without the slide hammer. The guy even dropped it off at my house this afternoon. Decent score I think.

I also got a Dewalt DWS779 sliding miter saw plus the light kit upgrade from the same guy for $375.  Not exactly a score, but a good deal. Saw is new in box.  
HM126

firefighter ontheside

Good deal on the Delmhorst!  One of the best things I bought to increase the quality of my lumber.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Walnut Beast

I've seen some really good deals on the 2000 on EBay every so often. But not dropped off at your house 😂. Nice score on all the goodies! 

Walnut Beast

LockNFlate and LockNLube goodies  

New air inflator with lockNFlate https://youtu.be/Z1eWfg8LV9g

Sedgehammer

The motor on my 970 bobcat is toast and nearly impossible to find parts. F227 continental. A rebuild is over $6k. I purchased this genset with 560 hours for $600. They were asking $2,900. Has a Ford industrial D242 4 cyl diesel. It'll be a few minutes to get it married to the Bob, but for that money, I could even take 10 minutes. Purrs just fine 

Necessity is the engine of drive

Resonator

$600 is a steal of a deal! smiley_thumbsup
I would think you'd have to change the throttle over, generators usually set to auto-idle and then rev up under load. Another source for Ford industrial engines are old "chuck and duck" wood chippers.

Sedgehammer

Quote from: Resonator on March 05, 2023, 11:02:12 AM
$600 is a steal of a deal! smiley_thumbsup
I would think you'd have to change the throttle over, generators usually set to auto-idle and then rev up under load. Another source for Ford industrial engines are old "chuck and duck" wood chippers.
Yeah, might have to do something like that, but since I'm not using it for hard work anymore, it might be ok enough 
Necessity is the engine of drive

aigheadish

Walnut Beast- I didn't realize LnL had the 90 degree or the inflators. You'll have to let me know how you like them, specifically the 90 degree, that'd be handy. I like Lock-n-lube grease couplers(?) a lot. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Walnut Beast on March 04, 2023, 10:31:45 PM
LockNFlate and LockNLube goodies  

New air inflator with lockNFlate https://youtu.be/Z1eWfg8LV9g
One thing I didn't realize and like about the LockNFlate. The guy said he hates to say it but the DOT boys 😡love buying the units because they are just using it as a tire pressure gauge. Clip on and get the tire reading. They make a LockNFlate that is really slick for the big rigs and guys love them. It's

a extension with a lever to pull back on the end but it is just to darn tight to get on the pickup truck dually. 

aigheadish

Welp, I'm renting a uhaul tomorrow afternoon... 

I've been acquiring a collection of stuff my workplace is throwing out and yesterday sealed the deal. 

An email went out that said they are throwing out a bunch of office furniture, etc. Come toss your name on an item and if you are the only name you are a winner. Well, I'm a winner! I'm getting the 6 cabinets below, which will make beautiful tool and hardware storage between shop and barn; a minimally damaged 20ish foot tall warehouse racking upright; and some crazy pneumatic press, made of like a couple plates of inch thick steel. I've got to get the office stuff out by tomorrow.

Woo! 

RichTired

Dropped by a local antique/flea market store today and found this brand new Logrite peavey. It was priced at $29.99 and I grabbed it up! The hook is still in the shipping position.

Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

Magicman

Well that was a very nice Happy Birthday gift to yourself.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

rusticretreater

Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

barbender

That Logrite for $29.99 is the best score of the day I've seen on here!
Too many irons in the fire

Resonator

I'm glad you said the hook was still in the shipping position, otherwise I'd say it'll be DanG tough to roll logs. :D

Thank You Sponsors!