Started by Texas Ranger, April 21, 2005, 04:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

Looks like something in the hemp family.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

asy

Must say, that's my first call too...   

um... NOT THAT I'd KNOW, of course...   

Except the edges of the leaves aren't 'spiky'...   which would be expected there.

hmmm...

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Texas Ranger

I don't know about y'all.  This is a young leaf, spiky on some of them, all of them when larger.  this one about 3 inches across.

SwampDonkey

Golden Alexanders (parsley family)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ernie

Looks like the stuff one of the neighbours was growing till the law arrived, I'll ask him when he gets out in a couple of years.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

LeeB

iron something. can't remeber the last part. makes perty purple flowers. have to ask the wife. she likes em.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Texas Ranger

Texas Ranger

Interest waning on this one, so, the answer is Texas Star Hibiscus.  I will post a picture of the flower when then come in, a very large, incredibly red, star shape.0

Young leo's have those embarrassing moments when they arrest a home owner when these plants are in the early stages of growth.

LeeB

i shoulda got that one. my wife has one in her flower bed right out the front door. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

SwampDonkey

Texas,

Beleive it or not that was my first guess.....well kinda. I was thinking it was related to star flower, only the leaves are arranged differently. And star flower is much smaller and more solitary.

;D

Tom

Wasn't my first guess.   I figured that TRanger had absconded with a  pile of "funny weed" from the Texas Ranger's collection and was one step ahead of them at the Mexican border when he decided to hide it on this post.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!