iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing project 2022

Started by customsawyer, February 18, 2022, 07:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluidpowerpro

Quote from: Southside on February 21, 2022, 08:07:40 AM
Guys, come on. Jake puts this on at his place, it's a working sawmill and his home. He is already sticking his neck out there by graciously opening his doors up to all of us and all he hopes to do is cover the costs, let's not ask more of him than that.

Believe me when I say that we love our dogs as much as anyone, but put them in a strange environment, with dangerous machines operating, heavy equipment rolling around, and a bunch of strangers and you don't know how they may react.

It only takes a second for something to go wrong and a disaster to happen.
I understand and now realize that I should not have asked. 
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

btulloh

Biology doesn't figure into it anymore Doc. If Southside self-identifies as a cow or as a chicken or as an aardvark, then he is that.  (Or so we've been told.  ::) )
HM126

YellowHammer

Quote from: scsmith42 on February 21, 2022, 02:49:12 PM
Quote from: btulloh on February 21, 2022, 09:49:14 AM
Cat guys are more evolved and have a deeper understanding of the universe and all things in it. Not that there's anything wrong with dogs. All good.
(grin)

Now THAT is funnny!

I'll bring some beef and Southside brings a mess of chicken and Stan can show us how to smoke 4,000 bdft of them in Jake's kiln.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: btulloh on February 21, 2022, 09:49:14 AM
Cat guys are more evolved and have a deeper understanding of the universe and all things in it. Not that there's anything wrong with dogs. All good.
Maybe you can hold Jake's cat when he turns on his 30" planer. :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

customsawyer

Y'all are killing me. :D :D :D :D :D
Keep in mind that I love all of Gods creatures. Even you guys. However there is a time and place for everything. I appreciate everyone's understanding. 
Hasn't been as much chicken in the stores around here the last few weeks so there is a chance Southside will have to bring the eats :D. I suggest some are still alive so Robert can demonstrate the proper voodoo dance at the kiln door and what blood marks work best when sacrificing chickens for the sake of a load in the kiln. I pray it doesn't require him to be naked. If it does all cameras will be off. I want no memory of it. No load of lumber in the kiln is worth that. I have standards. They're extremely low but I still have some.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

chet

If no pics are allowed, yer lumber is safe. Remember da rule,  no pics it never happened.   ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

YellowHammer

No voodoo dance for me, but if I did, it would be memorable, to say the least.  It would probably leave mental scars on everyone watching and I wouldn't want that to happen.  As the old saying goes, "With great power comes great responsibility." 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

WDH

Voodoo dance?  Naked?  Take steps to show self  :D.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

doc henderson

FPP it is better to ask than to assume.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

chet

When I told da wife I wuz gonna go to Georgia in April, she told me to have a good time. Then informed me she wuz coming with.  :D  But now I'm not so sure if I want to espouse her to all dat southern neckid voo-doo kiln dance stuff.  :-\  She wooda made 33.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

scsmith42

Quote from: customsawyer on February 21, 2022, 05:27:14 PM
so Robert can demonstrate the proper voodoo dance at the kiln door and what blood marks work best when sacrificing chickens for the sake of a load in the kiln. I pray it doesn't require him to be naked. If it does all cameras will be off. I want no memory of it. No load of lumber in the kiln is worth that. I have standards. 
I dunno Jake. With Robert doing a dance like that it may even scare a load of pecan into staying straight!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

jmouton

34,35,36, and maybe one more not sure yet
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Machinebuilder

I understand the thoughts against bringing dogs.

I would not let them run around a strange place with heavy machinery.

I can not let them run around someones pet cats.

Thank you all for the comments. I still had to ask.

Dave
Dave, Woodmizer LT15, Husqvarna 460 and Stihl 180, Bobcat 751, David Brown 770, New Holland TN60A

Cedarman

Last time had so much fun sampling strange delights and all the other fun stuff, plus learning new things and being envious of some nice toys, got to make it #37.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

GAB

Quote from: scsmith42 on February 21, 2022, 07:30:43 PM
Quote from: customsawyer on February 21, 2022, 05:27:14 PM
so Robert can demonstrate the proper voodoo dance at the kiln door and what blood marks work best when sacrificing chickens for the sake of a load in the kiln. I pray it doesn't require him to be naked. If it does all cameras will be off. I want no memory of it. No load of lumber in the kiln is worth that. I have standards.
I dunno Jake. With Robert doing a dance like that it may even scare a load of pecan into staying straight!
I don't know if my heart could stand to watch a dance like that.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

doc henderson

If Robert is dancing naked, my wife may confused about where to put the donations...   8)   :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

I've got an empty folgers can.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

C_Koon

Magicman

We have our RV reservations at Honeysuckle Farm RV Park in Dublin.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

petefrom bearswamp

Phooey.
I have 2 surgeries, both minor scheduled in March.
Dont think we can make it.
We very much enjoyed the one we were at and Linda still makes lemon bourbon we had there every year.
two of the benefits of being on this forum is finding out about the pig roast and sawing project.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

trimguy

We are already in the count, but my wife said we will bring potato salad and cup cakes.

customsawyer

We should be okay for ice as I have a ice machine. It only does 20 pounds or so a day but I start a few days out and just keep putting all the ice in a cooler and have a good stock by the time things start.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Mossy Chariot

Oh Man!!!  An I thought I had learned all there was to learn about kiln operation at the last Sawing Project.

Naked voodoo dancing and chicken sacrificing!!!   smiley_turkey_dancing
Pictures would not do this justice.  I'm 40.

For your convenience an attendees list is below.  If your real name and location is not in the list and you would like it to be, let me know what they are.
I'll update the list periodically as the 2022 SAWING PROJECT nears.

No.HandleNameLocation
1CustomsawyerJakeRentzGA
2CustomsawyerTammyRentzGA
3YellowHammerRobertNew MarketAL
4YellowHammerMarthaNew MarketAL
5SouthsideWilsonsVA
6SixacresandJohnGordon GA
7SixacresandNancyGordon GA
8K-guyStanBangorME
9doc hendersonBryanHutchinsonKS
10doc hendersonGeorgiaHutchinsonKS
11Jim_RogersJimSneads FerryNC
12cavemanLakelandFL
13boardmakerLucasSoutheastMO
14boardmakerKristinSoutheastMO
15stanwelchStanColdwaterMI
16Fearless LeaderJeffHarrisonMI
17WDHDannyPerryGA
18fishpharmerJamesSC
19chet Iron RiverMI
20chetJudyIron RiverMI
21TroyCCentralGA
22MagicmanLynnBrookhavenMS
23MagicmanPatBrookhavenMS
24trimguyAugustaGA
25trimguyAugustaGA
26123maxbarsNathanKingsportTN
27DbltreeBelgiansBrentNWOH
28DbltreeBelgiansJill NWOH
29DeadHeadLogging
30DeadHeadLogging
31WillisHomesteadMcIntyreGA
32WillisHomesteadValMcIntyreGA
33NomadBuddyJacksonvilleFL
34Mfrost459MikeWinstonGA
35jmoutonNew BostonMI
36jmoutonNew BostonMI
37jmoutonNew BostonMI
38CedarmanMarengoIN
39C_KoonChrisProsperitySC
40Mossy ChariotTonyKnoxvilleTN
Tony B
LT35HD, Riehl Edger, Woodmaster 725 Planer/Molder, Nyle 53 Drying Kiln, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, T750 Bobcat, E50 Excavator, Kubota 3450, Wallenstein Skidding Winch, Vermeer BC1250 Chipper, Stihl 250 & 460, Can-Am Defender

doc henderson

trimguy

@Mossy Chariot , thanks for doing this.
trimguy = Arnie
trimguy's wife = Joy

Thank You Sponsors!