iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pricing Framing

Started by dail_h, April 23, 2005, 08:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dail_h

I know this has been asked at least a dozen times,but as I'm unable to find the answer ti the archives ,here we go again. I'm right in the middle of cutting out a shop,16 x32 for a customer ,an he asked for a price rough and green,and one for dry ,and dressed.
   Mumbled something unintelligable,and told I'de let him know first of the week.So guys whata pine franing worth in northeastern N C ,or eherever you are?
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

DR Buck

My price for framing is by the board foot, the same amount as any other flat sawing.   I believe that others' on the forum also charge the same.   I can't help you with the
Quotedry ,and dressed
   I don't think anyone would want to pay my price for kiln drying and planing 2x stock. ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Randy

Dail_H
I didn't see in your message if you were furnishing the logs or he. If You are then if you want the job, you will have to be a reasonable about cheaper than Lowes or your lumber yard or I would think your customer will get his lumber from them. When I was in Lowes recently their framing lumber was averaging around $600 per thousand bf. So How much Cheaper do you want to be than them? If your Customer is furnishing the logs-------then You will have to be even cheaper. Its Hard to compete with a Big Operation. Me personally------I am not set-up to Dress lumber, so I wouldn't even try. If I had a source that wanted to buy 1000's of BF a week of hardwood Dressed  like Oak, poplar etc. I might get set-up. You ever priced a 8" x8ft oak or poplar from Lowes-------------------Its Gold. My Opinion is there is not ALOT of money for the time it takes in cutting, stacking, then drying, then dressing, Framing material, but if you got the equipment, then you might as well use it. Make some bucks!! Randy

JP

I like to run off framing mtl--2"x 2,4,6,8 goes quick-I payed-.165$ per BF for Hemlock delivered charge .20$ for the wood, .20$ for the sawing and .02 for the blades = .42 per BF--small amounts .45--I am retired so not trying to make a living----Pine is about the same but over 9" wide 4/4 is .50 BF JP
Norwood lm2000,Newholland 30 hp tractor, log carrier/winch, log arch  JP

Thank You Sponsors!