Started by GaTrapper, March 10, 2022, 11:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tawilson

Tom
2017 LT40HDG35 WIDE
BMS250 and BMT250 sharpener/setter
Woodmaster 725

nativewolf

Clients.  I think business is going to go gang busters so we are working on signing up clients.  I am actually not doing a garden at all this year, my pick your own client is taking care of my veggie needs.  

We'll buy 2k gallons of diesel if it falls to $3 for offroad.  
Liking Walnut

doc henderson

My cans of poly have gone from $9.96 to 11 bucks.  I had found it could fit 20 cans in a perfect size box from amazon, so I have two full boxes of it, I bought before the price increase.  the gallon size had not gone up but was unavailable for a while.  the price had been stable and the same at WM or amazon.  I tried to buy local, but if I special ordered 24 cans at WM, I would go to pick it up, to find it all on a shelf.  my goal was for it to remain in the original box for stacking and labeling.  they come 6 to a case.  so I have kept about 6 of those boxes so I can repack.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

B.C.C. Lapp

Well, yeah, we try to keep some of well, everything, on hand but the truth is whatever we have lots of it will be something else we need so I guess I'm also stocking up on friends and good neighbors.
Ain't nobody going to go hungry or freeze or anything around here.  And it will be hard to get by on our own if things get real bad.
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

DDW_OR

"....things get real bad."

that is when you find out who are your true friends.
"let the machines do the work"

newoodguy78

Knowledge and common sense,price hasn't gone up and it's getting more valuable by the minute. 

beenthere

Not stocking up on anything particular. Hoarding will just kick the prices up that much quicker. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DDW_OR

have always stocked up when there is a sale at the stores

now it is harder to do, since the sales are not really sales

Hoping for a Republican wave this mid-term election
"let the machines do the work"

thecfarm

I stocked up on TSC bar and chain oil. Every time it was on sale I would stop by and buy 4 gallons. 
I had over 30 gallons at one time.  :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

moodnacreek

Have enough Rotella and off road diesel to go through summer so I will wait and hope prices drop.

metalspinner

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

SwampDonkey

As far as mix oil for the saws, I buy a case of 500 ml bottles for the whole year. Even when the oil price wars were going on 40 years ago, was never hard to get gas, diesel or oil of any kind around here. It's sure a lot more pricier with every kind of tax on it a politician can conceive of during a 'crisis' moment. Still, I bet our Canadian gas is probably a 2/3rd the price it is in England. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Sixacresand

Nothing. I have the faith that if I need something, I can get it.  If I were to hoard anything, it would be vegetable seed and ammunition to protect it after it was planted.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!