iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo Mods

Started by Old_Town, April 27, 2005, 11:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old_Town

Hello,
I have three Echo saws a cs-305, cs-346 and a cs-510. I have been really happy with them all but the 305 and 346 could use a little more power. Does anyone here know of any easy mods such as a muffler swap or porting? Thanks in advance.

Chris J

I could be wrong, wouldn't be the 1st time  :-\, but isn't the 346 set-up for California emissions?  And the 345 is the 'regular' version?  I used to see the boxes marked 345/346.  There are some builders (Dan Henry/dozerdan, maybe now dolmardan, Dean Hylton/clicktosackit I think) that could probably sell you a modded muffler to bolt on.

If you want to try DIY, do a search here.  If you don't find anything I'll point you to another site that'll probably have the info.  That is, if you don't already know to which one I'm referring.  I used to freely mention that site, but not anymore.

Wish that I could've been of more help.
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

DonE911

I did the muffler and removed the limiters on my 305.  Made a big improvement and only took an hour or two.    I'd bet the 346 would be the same.   I have a 440 that I have not messed with yet, but I'll get around to it on one of these rainy days.

Thank You Sponsors!