iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Watcha Makin'?

Started by Old Greenhorn, May 20, 2022, 07:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

I got a visit today from a repeat customer 10-12 miles away. He bought a few ash boards for a door in their home. They moved here from Long Island when their daughter was working here. The daughter later moved and the last I saw the man he came down and bought 2 of my benches to take with him to Maine for his daughter's wedding. One was ash and she picked out a walnut slab from a picture and the dad and I made a walnut bench out of it.

The man wanted unfinished wood because they had the wedding guests sign the bench with a Sharpie or such then he coated it with Poly. He sowed me the pictures and the couple loved it and use use them in their home in upstate Maine.

The man had borrowed 10 walnut cookies from me. I told him bring them back when he was done or he could buy them if they wanted to keep them, They kept them so the first thing he did was pay for them.

I was glad to hear the benches were a big hit and happy to find the daughter just delivered their first grandchild 3 weeks ago. I love a happy ending.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

rusticretreater

My daughter has requested a corner desk with enough room so she can put her legs up to rest while she is working.

I came up with a design(that of course evolved) that uses white wood for the frame, white oak veneer, white oak edging, eucalyptus board for the underside and sturdy oak legs(3) that are detachable.  She lives in an apartment and I wanted it to be somewhat lighter when moving day comes.

I have the frame built and some pieces for the legs.  I will post some pictures later in the project.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Thank You Sponsors!