iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing lath

Started by welderskelter, May 29, 2022, 08:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Hillmann

I have had stuff cut 3/8 by another mill before when my mill was having issues.  I thought it was perfectly fair to pay for full inch.  It is almost 2x as much work as sawing 1 inch for the same pay if you are only charging actual thickness.

WV Sawmiller

I have said it many times "All charging methods are fair as long as both parties understand and agree before the sawing starts." This guy specifically looked me up after a year or so because he wanted thin lumber he could not get anywhere else. I showed him some 2" strips I had in stock I cut for my own use to make crates and such. I must have had some at the flea market for sale when he saw me before.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WV Sawmiller

I cut a poplar tree and finished my order with just the butt log with plenty of overrun. I may have to do more of this. Sawing thin lath strips from soft wood is fun!

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!