iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Four sided planer moulder

Started by Stormo, June 03, 2022, 03:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

Have a friend running one of the top of the line Weinigs where the moulder computer communicates with the grinder computer. This is all done to speed up setup time. Of course they are running over 20K LF per shift and have to maintain a 0.008" tolerance on finished product.
They have that show in Atlanta every fall, Aug. I think, that will showcase a lot of these top of the line machines. I have been to it in the past but most of the equipment is way out of my wheel house.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Walnut Beast

Dust extraction works fantastic with two 5 hp blowers with shutoffs on two of the side cutters when not in use

Walnut Beast

Nothing boring coming out of the 4000

tule peak timber

Quote from: Larry on July 29, 2022, 09:55:41 PM
That Martin probably costs more than my house!

The tilting arbor adds a whole new dimension to the machine.  I've ran my buddies older Martin and it was a pleasure.  I've also ran a newer Felder that is close to that Martin, again a pleasure.

I think their are a bunch of good shapers being made today.  SCM, Felder, Martin, Griggio (who also makes some Martin machines) and others.  I'm sure tule peak knows them better than me.

Lots of great used machines on the market.  Watch for bad bearings as they are precision and super expensive.  They can be upgraded with Aigner fences and accessories to rival the newest.

I run a old SCMI with a huge top and 9 horsepower underneath.  Other than not having a tilting arbor I love it.
I've seen the Martin, but it is WAY out of my paygrade. I have an army of big SCM shapers that tilt, tenon, mould, and are much easier on the pocketbook. Very happy with them. I did not go 4 sided or a moulder because I don't have the power available. Used old shapers like Olivers are also excellent machines-bring a forklift  LOL
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Thank You Sponsors!