iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2023

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2023, 01:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Yesterday was an odd day for temps.
It would be 72° then it would drop down to 65°. Did that many times throughout the day.
Was a wet day, for the most of it. Just enough to keep things wet.
Again.
Maybe 3 days of sun!!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

Yesterday was low of 51 and high of 68° mostly sun all day with winds through the afternoon 15-20MPH.  The attic/kiln hit 94° :).
 Today we have a low of 47 so far and looking for more sunshine, less wind, and a slightly higher temp.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

66F here today for a high, some light wind.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Old Greenhorn

73 for the high here, almost all sun all day, winds hit about 12mph, but the attic kiln hit 101.5  8)
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

thecfarm

Same old reply here. The river is brown again and high. The leaves from the trees are in the river. 
We had a hard rain the other night. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

The hornets are still active, I struck 2 nests yesterday when bush whack'n. Both in firs and about 6 feet high. I'm beside a field, so that is a nest prone area. :D One nest stung me the other did not. Two stung me near an eye, but I wear screened glasses, so like in the eye brow and below the eye. Swelled some, but subsided by the end of the work day. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Old Greenhorn

What kind of hornets do you have up your way? We have the whitefaces here and boy do they hurt!
 I carry a little can of meat tenderizer in my kit and when stung, I wet the area and sprinkle that one. The faster you catch it, the better it works. Pain will be gone in less than a minute and swelling is minimal. Just make sure it has MSG in it.

46° here this morning, same forecast as yesterday.

SwampDonkey

I believe they were white faced. The yellow jackets I find on the ground in rotten wood. None of them bother me that bad. Don't sting that bad either, just the initial poke. Followed by some cuss'n. I'm not the girly squeal type. :D

62F here today, sun peeking through clouds in the morning then mostly cleared out.

My kicksled arrived today. Some minor assembly, she's ready to slide. ;D Even came with plastic runner shoes to slide easier over any sanded road. The sanding up here is mighty scant. :D

Hilltop366

That's how you torment kids here, give them a sled for Christmas then they have to wait a month for enough snow to use it....... and some years we just don't get enough.

Sunny and 18°c here...almost perfect.

WhitePineJunky

Quote from: Hilltop366 on September 21, 2023, 04:00:30 PM
That's how you torment kids here, give them a sled for Christmas then they have to wait a month for enough snow to use it....... and some years we just don't get enough.

Sunny and 18°c here...almost perfect.
Do that but a gt snow racer instead every kid always wanted one of those 

Nebraska

Had an inch seventy yesterday  rain we really needed.  Supposed to be more this weekend.

Old Greenhorn

High of 69 and a low of 47° yesterday with afternoon winds up to 15 MPH. The attic/kiln hit 103° :).
 Today looking at just over 70 but then a cooling trend. I have a big show tomorrow and the forecast has been all over the map but does agree on 60-90% cloud cover and a high of about 57°. The rain prediction is what's jumping around as they try to figure out what this "thing" coming up the coast is going to do. According to the forecast, at best my stuff is gonna get wet on the drive home, which means I have to unload as soon as I get home and spend Sunday doing damage control. At worst, we will loose half of the day (which is only 6 hours at best) when it starts raining. Yeah I have a canopy, but that won't cover everything and I still have to get the stuff home in an open truck with stuff on the ladder rack.
 Ah well, 'ya pays yer money, ya takes yer chances.' ;D

SwampDonkey

67F today and clear. No hornets. :D

Looks dry for the next week for us. A little cloudy Saturday, but that system isn't coming this far with rain.

thecfarm

It might of hit 70 today. But the sun was out all day!!!!! Nice and bright!!!!!!

Jim_Rogers

Tropical storm passing by us now.
Lots of wind, and occasional heavy rain. But mostly light rain.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Dan_Shade

It's heading directly at us, should hit sometime over night. 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Jim_Rogers

Still raining here. Rained all night with lots of wind.
Can't see any tree damage in my yard as yet.
Never lost power.

Suppose to rain most of the day.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

SwampDonkey

56F here at noon. Partly sunny.

Dan_Shade

Rained pretty hard off and on overnight.

Getting gusty.

A few local reports of power outages. 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

SwampDonkey

44F this morning, fog moving in. No wind at all. Makes for a pour draft in a stove. ;D

cutterboy

Cloudy and wet, 52° outside, Northeast wind. Fire going in the stove.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

SwampDonkey

70F for the high today. Sunny to. Could be in the 30's tomorrow morning.

thecfarm

I'm not saying the report is right, but no rain, showers for a week!!!!!
I have not seen that all summer. 
Still hard to dry out this time of year. Don't get the warm days and daylight is really short now.

cutterboy

Quote from: SwampDonkey on September 24, 2023, 04:04:12 PM
70F for the high today. Sunny to. 
SwampDonkey, I find it very irritating when people far to the north of me have a warm sunny day when I am suffering with a cold, rainy, windy day with a high of 56° and a fire in the stove to keep the house comfortable. >:( :(   :D
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Old Greenhorn

YEAH! What Cutterboy said! Now knock it off. :D :D :D :D ;D
 Low here is 54 so far, but still dropping solid overcast rainclouds, the wind predicted at 8MPH or so is actually identifying as 20MPH. Overnight sprinkles manifested as a steady rain, sometimes heavy enough to wake me up, and about an inch of accumulation as opposed to the '.13" ' predicted. So another busted forecast. I should have never hung those moving blankets on the line yesterday afternoon. But they were pretty soaked and I figured 'how much wetter can they get?' Well now I know. ;D :D I hope the line can hold the weight.

Thank You Sponsors!