iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Atv/small tractor log loader forestry trailer

Started by logman81, January 22, 2023, 01:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Alford

Had a conversation with a gentleman who owns what I believe to be a similar unit  to the one your looking at .  It is not power assist . Just thought i would share his observations.
   First he said he was pleased with its over all performance so far.  He pointed out that he was not trying to make payments and only used it when weather and time permitted .
  As for the ATV he studded the tires with sheet metal screws as opposed to chains on it . He said trying to back up was a real pain so adjusted his cut pattern  to reduce backing up. He thought  about loading the tires but decided against it because he thought the tires would puncture more easily .  We discussed using a clearing saw for making trails which would reduce the the angled stubs and have a more horizontal cut.
   He found the loader a bit tippy but attributed it to the swing function being to quick .  Said that his hand caught the lever from time to time . So we discussed changing the height of the swing lever.   He had repositioned were the winch cable was attached to the boom lower because it made the unit tip. He said the winch was a great option.
   He thought the extra ring welded around were the hoses went in and out of the boom was enough to strengthen it . To date no cracking or hose issues.
  In his opinion the 4x4 was a bit light and a small tractor would be better. The ATV and loader trailer are loaded on a trailer and travel to and from job site with him.
logon

leeroyjd

Quote from: barbender on January 28, 2023, 10:47:55 PM
Maybe I missed it, but what is the lift capacity on that loader?
800 lbs. at full extension.

logman81

Stephen Alfred that's great info good to know. I believe they have changed a couple things on them. They changed the trailer design a bit and added flow controls in the swing part of the system. I got a price JMS for one of they're 900sr atv loader trailer and without winch or hydraulic drive it was over 16,000!!!! So needless to say not going with that one plus boom is shorter. 
Precision Firewood & Logging

logman81

North forest brand just updated the trailer for '23 I like it even more now it's fully optioned.
Precision Firewood & Logging

Thank You Sponsors!