iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Poison Ivy on Logs

Started by Dan_Shade, May 11, 2005, 12:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I don't know if spotted-touch-me-not (jewel weed) works on ivy, but it kills the sting in stinging nettles. Just grab a fistfull and squeeze the juice from the succulent stems onto the infected area.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

maple flats

Thanks, SwampDonkey, That also used to be a remedy according to my dad from many years ago. When I used to get poison ivy if I was out away from other remedies I used to use jewel weed and it helped some until I got home for something better.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

rbarshaw

I don't get it often, but when I do, I scrub the affected area with soap and water then pour some full strength Bleach over it and scrub it in then rince off good and it's always dried up the next day.
NOTE: this can be painful when scrubing in the bleach!
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

lamar

Goats like the stuff down here :D

Paschale

Man, I get it BAD!  Thankfully, I've only had it real bad twice in my life, and the second time was absolutely awful.  Most of my lower leg got engulfed in one HUGE blister.  My brother said it's the grossest thing he's ever seen on a person before.   :D  The bummer that I've always heard is that it just gets worse every time you have it.

Thanks for the recommendation on that Tecnu stuff--I'm going to definitely keep some of that in my car at all times.
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Rockn H

From reading the posts you start to see that having an allergic reaction can be really hit or miss.   One summer when I was in school me and a friend were clearing some brush for extra money.  He had never had poison ivy and had been around it quite a bit.  We burned the brush piles and we both inhaled some smoke.  The next day he was on oxygen in the hospital.  He had it in his lungs and sinus as well as his throat.  It took a week for them to get it under control enough for him to come home.  I've known several people that never had it till they got it. ;D  I've been around it a good bit and only had 5 or 6 times, can't tell I'm doing anything different when I get it.  The thing that works best for me is bleach as well.  It's a strong base and will deffinately take the fat right out of your skin though.  That is it will dry you out. ;D

AtLast

RUN!!!....AS FAST AS YOUR LEGS WILL MOVE!!!!!...ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH POISON IVY!!!! :o :o :o

Thank You Sponsors!