iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new client and Quarry update

Started by teakwood, February 27, 2023, 07:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

reinforced beam yes, not quite a footing.  in my English anyhoo! ffcheesy

it is too bad you do not have a quarry nearby! ffsmiley rayrock ffcheesy :thumbsup:
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Ron Scott

~Ron

teakwood

Well, yesterday was the great day and i was pretty nervous, first container loading ever. wasn't sure if the truck could turn around at my sawmill as i don't have to much space, it was pouring rain all day, we have the hurricane influence from the Caribbean, not ideal but we still managed.
Truck came at 1pm instead of 6am  :uhoh: , welcome to CR! sent all workers home at 7am and they came back at 1pm. we lasted 6 hours to manually load 19tonnes of lumber, what a hard day. but everything turned out good, i'm relived.
US here we come! i hope that stupid strike doesn't affect us

20241001_130909.jpg20241001_144219.jpgIMG-20241002-WA0003.jpgIMG-20241002-WA0004.jpg20241001_190238.jpg
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

CCCLLC

How would you unload. Assuming same way it went in, by hand. That is impressive use of space. Well done. What does it wiegh? I know, it'll  be kilograms. 

Resonator

Yup, we called those "fingerprint" loads when I drove truck. Every box (or stick in this case) had your fingerprints on it by the end of the day. Open the door very slowly, and look up to watch nothing falls out.
Independent Gig Musician and Sawmill Man
Live music act of Sawing Project '23 & '24, and Pig Roast '19, '21, & '24
Featured in the soundtrack of the "Out of the Woods" YouTube video:
"Epic 30ft Long Monster Cypress and Oak Log! Freehand Sawing"

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

aigheadish

Whoa! Well done Ramon! That looks like a ton of work! If the container is going to the west coast I don't think they are striking. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

beenthere

Not so many years ago (50-60 and before), most lumber was moved across the USA by rail car and they were hand loaded stick by stick like Ramon is seen doing. In shipping containers, would be hard to load otherwise, I'd suspect. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

customsawyer

Congratulations Ramon.  I'm glad to see things are coming together.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

21incher

Congratulations Ramon. Does that container need to be heat treated for insects before  going on the boat.  Is that going to Tule Peak Teak on the west coast  ffcool  ffcheesy.
Or another continent? 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

teakwood

The container was put on the ground at a special area near the harbor and had fumigation for 24h, it's mandatory and only one firm can officially do it, so we get the international fumigation certificate.

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Thank You Sponsors!