iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new client and Quarry update

Started by teakwood, February 27, 2023, 07:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teakwood

thanks Firewoodjoe, i'm with Barbender, you are doing great. if i remember your posts right you came from nothing and have grown a lot, i'm very impressed by you success. I have no idea of you guys market but from what i read here it is mighty difficult to even survive as a logger and anybody who is stashing cash in such a business is just outstanding. keep the good work up.

Ramon
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Firewoodjoe

Thanks guys. It's always a struggle. I hope me and the mill can keep
It rolling. @teakwood whatever happened to that cat forwarder used for teak? There's a 2015 in the UP but I don't think that one will work out anyways.

teakwood

It's always a struggle

Nobody said it was easy! 

I think the forwarder broke down and was never repaired because of lack of parts. they bought a new 6 wheel Welte from Germany.

teakwood

Finishing the stone retaining wall

the hole is getting bigger

putting together a new dozer they brought from the US

Have organized 20 packs of lumber, first two orders are in, 20% of the investment is back in the bank

teakwood

My entire family was here for two weeks, we had a great time.

i dressed up my nephews with quarry shirts, i told them if they don't have quarry shirts they couldn't drive the excavator. the little one has only met me once in his life and still has a hard time to remember all 3 names of his uncles.

I'm called "uncle excavator" now  :D :D

this one hopefully will be something similar as his uncle

Oh, and i got married ;D, was kind a quick decision because i don't think the whole family will be together again in a short time. at least now i have somebody to give my quarry to if i pass away. :D

Andries

Congratulations!
Adding one more beautiful person to a beautiful family.
Way to go Uncle Excavator!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

mudfarmer

Now that's a great update, Congratulations all around!

barbender

Wow, congratulations to you and your bride, Ramon!
Too many irons in the fire

doc henderson

Congratulations!  that would make a great update for your thread pic.   :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Resonator

Love the smile of a kid playing in a giant sandbox! ;D
Congratulations on livin' the dream! 8)
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

GRANITEstateMP

Congrats!  I can see the headline in the local paper now - Uncle Excavator Gets Married!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Magicman

Quote from: teakwood on July 30, 2023, 09:04:48 AMOh, and i got married ;D
That is one sure way to make your GF quit hanging around. ;D   Congratulations !!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Walnut Beast

Congratulations! Beautiful wife now! Great pictures! 

customsawyer

Congratulations!! Great time spent with the family.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Nebraska

:) :) congratulations, Uncle excavator!

cutterboy

Beautiful family, beautiful boys, beautiful wife. Now it's time to make some boys of your own. ;D

Congratulations Uncle Excavator!
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Bruno of NH

Congratulations and glad you got to enjoy your family Sir 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

nativewolf

Will you guys go on a honeymoon to the Alps?  Or maybe a ski trip to Chile?  Let us help you spend your money!
Liking Walnut

Firewoodjoe

Congratulations! Family is great  👍 

teakwood

Quote from: nativewolf on August 01, 2023, 05:59:55 AM
Will you guys go on a honeymoon to the Alps?  Or maybe a ski trip to Chile?  Let us help you spend your money!
Thanks guys for all the good wishes.
No honeymoon planed, we had holidays for 16 days with my family and went to beaches and see volcanos. now we need to work again, quarry is full tilt right now. My worker had to do all the quarry present time and at night he slept on the farm because we don't want to let our house alone at night. so the poor guy worked 24/7 for 14 days, he was done when i got back, had to give him some days off so he could be with his family. :D His paycheck made him smile again.
We will see when a slow time comes, pack our bags and go to Mexico spontaneously, it's on our planes for this year.

nativewolf

mexico?  I mean the food is really really good.  It's a hip place to visit.  Pyramids and old temples are neat.  But volcanoes, beaches...you have.    That's not nearly enough money.  If you wait til November, go ski in Utah or California for a week.  Wait...has she ever seen snow?  Have you ever been skiing or snow boarding on powder?  So much fun.  @firefighter ontheside  aren't you a snow boarder?  Lets get Ramon up to the USA for some fun in the snow then we'll have an excuse to go to CR.  Again Ramon we're just trying to help (help you spend your money).

Glad to hear the quarry did not slow down, I was afraid the wet season might have put a dent on sales.
Liking Walnut

Ron Scott

~Ron

firefighter ontheside

I have never been on a snowboard.  I've been skiing since 1987.    I recommend skiing.
Congrats to you Ramon on your nuptials.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

GRANITEstateMP

get you guys to the mountains in winter and say goodbye to Uncle Excavator, hello Uncle Snowcat!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Thank You Sponsors!