iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What are these trees foliage telling you guys?

Started by WhitePineJunky, June 26, 2023, 05:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhitePineJunky

I've planted a few various hardwoods since my place got burned over, usually whatever I plant grows well, had acidic soil around 4.8, I figure the fire made it much more alkaline, could this be harming the trees? Sugar maple and bur oak. 

Ron Scott

~Ron

WhitePineJunky

Quote from: Ron Scott on June 26, 2023, 06:35:56 PM
Maybe in need of water.
They had been watered before I took them out of their pots and planted them 4 days ago, it rained pretty good today and and for the next few days, hopefully it helps them. 

beenthere

Transplanting shock, IMO. 
Not a good time to transplant trees, best that I know and have heard. Can keep watering and hope for the best. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

I agree with beenthere. I only transplant hardwoods in April and early May up here. Also if the seedlings were grown in shade, the leaves may scald in the open location. Leaf morphology is different when grown in full sun.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

But in turn, do not over water and drown them.  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WhitePineJunky

Haven't done any watering Mother Nature has done it lol. A day after I posted the question it's been mostly overcast and the on and off heavy rain. 

Thank You Sponsors!