iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New rising country singer

Started by WhitePineJunky, August 13, 2023, 04:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhitePineJunky

I bet a lot of you have heard it by now within last couple days. It is great though

https://youtu.be/sqSA-SY5Hro

OH logger

That sure is a good song lots of truths in there.  Thanks 
john

Walnut Beast

He's number one on the top 100 on ITunes and has five in the top ten. Beating out Luke Combs, Jelly Roll and Taylor Swift to name a few

Walnut Beast

A little bit about him and inspiring people!

https://youtu.be/tmxyMJd7IQ8

Live from Morris Farmers market 

https://youtu.be/MyImGay9tG4

Walnut Beast

Cracking cool ones and cranking Rich Men North of Richmond and thinking of getting taxed on everything. Drive down the county roads that are solid washboard and don't hardly ever see the road grader anymore. Can't do what you want with your own land but they love to take thousands in taxes. Glad to see this guy Oliver Anthony getting over 23m views on YouTube from just about a 1m the other day.

Walnut Beast

Not bad for a guy living in a 750 dollar trailer and turning 8 m down. Good read of his post! 

Tv

charles mann

Heck of a lot better than most of garbage hipity hopity bro country crap on the radio waves nowadays. I RARELY have my radio on, on local stations. Its usually synched to my phone and use the noise to break the monotony of driving. 
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

Walnut Beast

barbender

That's just my kinda show! People get kinda confused when they see my playlists. Metallica, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Christian, classical guitar. My musical tastes are as all over the place as I am. But no hip hop😁
Too many irons in the fire

WhitePineJunky

Quote from: barbender on August 22, 2023, 02:49:28 PM
That's just my kinda show! People get kinda confused when they see my playlists. Metallica, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Christian, classical guitar. My musical tastes are as all over the place as I am. But no hip hop😁
Me too! Here's a good one from JC for ya cheers
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tMzQ_d1XLcY&pp=ygUSSW0gdGhlIGdlbmVyYWwgbGVl

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

Not everyone is happy with Oliver..  He has touched on a sore spot in this country that the media has covered up and ignored. 

It's a pleasure to meet you - YouTube

Skip the many videos that may be too political. But they are indeed showing and exposing the left side.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Yeah, different 'rags' have written smear pieces already. The Guardian calls it QAnon, one of them trigger words Google puts a flag on and shows a wikipedia page on as if that is the authority on knowledge. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: beenthere on August 23, 2023, 04:38:53 PM
Not everyone is happy with Oliver.. ........
You changed the video you had attached before I could reply. With respect to the fist one, from Fox news I don't think they had a problem with his lyrics or message, they did make one incredible leap into assuming it was a way to support the former president and disparage the current one. That leap was quite incredible and a bit beyond my comprehension. But folks will take art and twist it to suit their needs, been doing it for centuries. I won't comment further because I am already straddling the line here, I know.
 I personally think that Oliver's message was that we don't like ANY of these elected officials and how they execute their jobs for the 'betterment' of our society, regardless of party. But that's just me and it's what I also believe. They all stink to high heaven.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Resonator

DanG, if that young fella ain't playin' a Gretsch resonator!! :o smiley_guitarist

Listened to that "Rich men north of Richmond" song. I kinda like it, he's definitely singing with heart and soul. Only drawback I see is a couple expletive words that wouldn't get it played for general audience.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Southside

The opening question at the GOP debate was why is this song resonating with folks.  The real answer was all the folks standing there on the stage.  Word is Anthony is raking in $40K / day right now from royalties - good for him.  Trying to see if he will play a farmers market we attend each Saturday.  If he does I will have video to post.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

newoodguy78

He lives somewhat in your area doesn't he? The heck with video if he's playing at your market I'll show up for the live show  :D :D

Southside

Yea he lives about half an hour from us.
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

barbender

Maybe he'll debut his next hit, "The Bald Guy From White Oak Meadows".

Southside

JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

Jeff

Donk, I watched the first 5 minutes and killed it. Liberal dick it appears. Fired from the forest service it seems. I'll not watch him again.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

This forum is meant to foster discussion and learning and I value that a lot. Given that, I rarely throw out a hard and fast, drop dead opinion on anything because I like to hear what others know and think, understanding that what they share may adjust my opinion. However, this video is an exception.

I don't know this youtube expert and I may have watched a video or two of his in the past but don't recall them. What I can say (IMHO) is that this is the biggest piece of (seemingly) endless drivel I have ever watched. This guy shows clearly he knows nothing about music, songwriting, or the art of conveying a message. He seems to have decided at the outset that he wouldn't like it. He interrupts the song after just a few words to pick those apart and before he can even hear the thought expressed in the phrase. This just just like to hear himself talk and show everybody how smart he is (not). A total waste of bandwidth. He knows nothing about this art and the craft involved. He just wants to complain about the whining he hears before he has to listen to the message and interpret it as a whole. The video is useless garbage except to show me this guy is just a talking head. He even contradicts his own comments several times in the video which eliminates any credibility he may have started with. In addition, because he was so busy talking he grossly missed the message of the song, instead layering on what he THOUGHT was being said.
I know a bunch of songwriters and performers and have even participated in the process a time or two. It is an iterative process and the entire song is taken as a whole, not 3 seconds at a time. When you listen to a new piece and try to add helpful comments, you LISTEN to the whole thing and then on a second (or third) run through you MIGHT be able to add some thoughts of value.
This guy knows less than nothing and adds no value. That's just my opinion, yours may be different. I think he shows himself to be a jerk.

EDITED TO ADD:
After I posted this I was so disgusted thinking about it (negative comments are not my thing) that I went right to the guys video and left a short comment about how he should find something else to do because reviewing music was not his 'thing'. I read a few of the other comments and apparently, I am not the only one who thinks that way.
Jeff, the only reason I watched the entire painful thing was because unlike him, I like to give a person  chance to fully express their thought before I render an opinion on it, something he is not in the habit of doing. (BTW, you didn't miss anything worthwhile.) I will say it was hard to sit through it all. I think he did a lot more whining than what he was accusing the artist of. He's a jerk (did I say that already? well, he still is. :D)
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

SwampDonkey

Actually, he's not a liberal Jeff. He has had to use restraint when making comments against the current narrative or lose his channel. His boy works a fire fighting crew for the Forest Service. Wrangler lost his job over something stupid, wearing forest service gear while doing a video. That's all it takes apparently. Saying that, I don't agree with many of his views, he's a hack at most anything he does and he admits it. :D

rusticretreater

Just an average bloke finding meaning his songwriting.  Suddenly he finds himself subject to white-hot spotlight scrutiny and folks picking apart every detail to attack or support him. Such is our way of life now with this *DanG social media. 

This is a political protest song and this discussion is probably best placed in the restricted area.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Southside

Anyone would know you don't wear a uniform and make personal videos - he deserved to be fired.  Few years ago I watched part of a video or two of his felling timber - he is a moron, no other way to say it.  I recall his dog and or kids were in the fall zone of the tree he was trying to jack over.  Won't even click on this video. 
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Southside on August 28, 2023, 12:02:07 PM
Anyone would know you don't wear a uniform and make personal videos - he deserved to be fired. .........
Yeah, that's a no brainer unless you presentation is with the full knowledge and pre-approval of that entity and represents their mission. I recall a nationally known Fire Officer who gave the keynote speech at the most respected Fire conference in the world (FDIC). He had addressed that group many many times before and taught there every year, very often in uniform, especially formal addresses and speeches. There was never an issue. BUT one year he gave the Keynote speech and his remarks could (and were) taken by some as controversial (mostly high level bureaucrats, others took it as a carefully crafted wake up call for the way we approach things in the fire service that fostered re-thinking and discussion. Well he got in a lot of hot water with his department (again, one of the largest and best in the nation) and he did nearly loose his job. 
 I watched that speech live and pondered his remarks for a day or two and decided I wanted to use it in my training programs. When I tried to download it, I found it was gone from any server I could find. It had been removed everywhere it was stored. It took me a year to finally find someone who had a copy and they emailed me a CD. I thought it a great speech that fostered good thought and discussion, but they guy almost lost his job and career.
 But SS, you comments made me remember this guy's videos I did watch a while back. He struck me as a bit of a sloppy boob that worked like a bull in a china shop. The only thing that impressed me was that he was still alive (given his work habits) and that he was entirely forgettable. He was a jerk then too. :D

barbender

To me, the biggest benefit that came to me from being an admin is that if Wranglerstar ever tried to join the forum, I could personally reject him😂

Kinda like what OG said, sometimes knowing something is worse than knowing nothing. 

Old Greenhorn

My Pop always said "Tis better to be thought of as a fool than to open your move and prove it" and I think that applies to Wranglestar.
---------------------------------------------------
Not to side track the thread, but my previous comments made me recall that speech I talked about, so I went to see if I could find it. It was in 2009 and as I said, it disappeared quickly. Well somebody re-posted it years later (2017) and I am glad it's out there. With the thousands of hours I had in training, drills, the Academy, and conferences, it is the best presentation i have ever heard and makes for excellent training. I watched the whole thing again. I encourage every active firefighter to watch this video and consider Ray's remarks as it applies to them. So I am going to post it here for those with an interest with my apologies for sidetracking a bit. The speech is filled with inside jokes and technical comments and terms that only firefighters will get, such as the opening comments about 'his new vest' which many will understand and very funny and also a deep dig at the safety fairies. (I laughed pretty hard at that part.) But when Ray gets to the meat of his thoughts at the 13 minute point, everyone can understand almost all of it, even if they lack the first hand experience to understand how the job feels when you do it.
 Take what you will from it and please be safe out there.

Lt. Ray McCormack 2009 FDIC "Culture Of Extinguishment" Address - YouTube

Southside

He is the type to become a spandex sawyer if he ever buys a mill.
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

Quote from: barbender on August 28, 2023, 01:15:01 PM
To me, the biggest benefit that came to me from being an admin is that if Wranglerstar ever tried to join the forum, I could personally reject him😂
Your mouse clicks have power now. :D :D  He likes to be at the centre so he can have his preach sessions, and hack psychology rants. So he's not likely to last too long if he did slip through. ;D
Wranglerstar over the years has learned to preface a lot of his content with the fact that his way is not necessarily the right way. ;D I watch his channel for entertainment purposes only as he's such a goof at most things, not a lot to learn there.

However, I do think there are instances of individuals whining and belly aching about someone else instead of finding something within to pursue better outcomes and move on. ;) Never once did I hear my grandparents or my father ever complain. In fact, even when done wrong by, they always found a way to see some humor in it. I can remember some stories and a few laughs.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Southside on August 28, 2023, 02:04:06 PM
He is the type to become a spandex sawyer if he ever buys a mill.
He's got a mobile dimension mill, Lucus I believe. Had it for 6 years. He has some sawing videos. But it looks more to me like a hobby or own use.

red

Wranglerstar with 2.4 million subscribers and 3400 videos knows exactly what he is doing on YouTube 
Rolling Stone did an article on him recently
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

red

Wranglerstar . . 10 years of firewood cut in 8 hours YouTube 3-29-2021

Why Firewood Sellers Fear this man YouTube 4-19-2021 

SwampDonkey

Not a very favorable article either. He got in a panic and privatized all his videos, then stood back a day or two to assess, then made them public again. And then came out after the aftermath with a video over it all. :D You just can't take him too seriously. I never have.  Old Bernstein isn't too impressed by him. :D

Southside

The Kardashians have a lot of subscribers too. Doesn't mean there is any validity to their content. 
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

YellowHammer

I've never heard of WranglerStar until now.  I thought is was some kind of fancy new camper as in "Go see the world in a WranglerStar."

So I watched a couple minutes of the video and immediately dislike Mr. W. Star (I even dislike his name) and judge him to be a cross between Howard Stern and an Ambulance Chaser.  Pretty much 100% slime.  He's just a publicity hound in my book.  It's rare for me to dislike someone so quickly, but hey, being overly judgmental is one of my better qualities.

I've watched a couple of unscripted interviews with Oliver, he comes across as an intelligent, normal, Average Joe, who has good points and bad points, as we all do, but he seems to be able to put it in a song better than most.  The lyrics say what he and many million Americans are feeling right now, and so more power to him.

True county music, as Trace Adkins says, is "Songs about Me and Who I am" and Oliver is singing about his experiences and thoughts and I hope the fame doesn't get to him.  He has certainly touched a chord in America.  I like him.        

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Resonator

Quote"Poor Men south of Wilsons"
Suggested chorus lyrics...

Ain't it a pity,
When folks from the city,
Plow under corn then plant houses,
Down in Dinwiddy  smiley_guitarist ;D

Edit: Suggested verse lyrics:

And them poor men south of Wilsons,
They don't know
What they'll do, when there's no land left,
For their corn to grow

Old Greenhorn

Just to keep my conscience clear I have to correct myself here. I had actually never seen any of his videos before, I had him confused with another (similar guy). I still think he is a jerk and just scamming for attention though. ;D
 I did skim that RS article and saw where he said he never worked for NFS, just took training with them, so I don't get any of the details with that if he got 'fired' from a job he never held. The NFS says they never heard of him, so if he claimed they fired him, well... there ya go.
 Anyway, he got what he wanted, he wasted a lot of our bandwidth here. I'll not watch anything he produced in the future.

beenthere

And thanks to SD, or we likely would never have heard of him, me included. Goes to show how such minor recognition can get blown up and the result is more and more watchers of his YouTube channel.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

I've mentioned him now and again, when I wanted to mention how things aren't done his way or that he is way off on his calculations. Like one of his firewood making videos. :D Like I said before, not much knowledge shared there. He reminds me of many dooms dayers who can never quite pin down the event or when it is to be, with the religious talk along with it. An age old profession. :D He was raised in a cult, so I'm sure a lot has rubbed off from there, even though he denounced it.

mudfarmer

Here's another one someone sent me that I'd say is related to this thread. It's almost like a whole lot of people are pithed off!

Stars and Stripes (Live) - YouTube

mudfarmer

Ok, she's got a beautiful cover of Jolene on youtube as well 8)

SwampDonkey

Mr Anthony was on Joe Rogan's Spotify podcast today. If you have the laptop version of the Spotify app, you get to see the video.

WhitePineJunky

WhitePineJunky

He did a 2 hours interview with Jordan peterson

beenthere

Who is Jordan Peterson?

I'll have to google that name.
south central Wisconsin

SwampDonkey

Peterson is a Canadian psychologist who has had a podcast for a number of years. He's been on Joe Rogan's podcast many times. The censorship police would like to shut him up. :D

WhitePineJunky

Quote from: SwampDonkey on September 08, 2023, 03:54:35 PM
Peterson is a Canadian psychologist who has had a podcast for a number of years. He's been on Joe Rogan's podcast many times. The censorship police would like to shut him up. :D
Had a 30 year career of helping people then 5 years ago cbc says he's bad so I guess that's it! 
Guy continues to help people even post media fame 

Bradm

Quote from: WhitePineJunky on September 08, 2023, 03:14:57 PM
He did a 2 hours interview with Jordan peterson
I listened to it this afternoon.  Very well done and very little by way of partisan politics (they do discuss politics, naturally, but not in a right vs left or us vs them mentality).  I added it to my need to listen to again list as they brought up some observations that I want to study more when I have more time.
Quote from: WhitePineJunky on September 08, 2023, 04:13:07 PM
Quote from: SwampDonkey on September 08, 2023, 03:54:35 PM
Had a 30 year career of helping people then 5 years ago cbc says he's bad so I guess that's it!
Guy continues to help people even post media fame

Media hatred of him started after he stated he would not abide by compelled speech.  As for the Rogan podcast, one of the complaints/charges that resulted in his now mandated "re-education" is one of these Rogan podcasts - not a part of clip but the entire show.

WhitePineJunky

He's got a fork in the road now he could make it big and all that comes with that which may change him for the worse, or quietly sit back and fade from the spotlight, his point came across successfully. 

YellowHammer

He looked really mad and embarrassed that he had been "duped" about the high ticket prices.  
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Resonator

The music business is those two things, music and business. If you're a paid music act, you have to learn early on to be smart about money, or find someone who you can trust to be your manager. You also have to learn about record company contracts and lawyers (both good and bad). You also have to decide if you'll be a short term star, and then get out of the business, or be a long term artist. The later usually end up moving to Nashville to make a career. There are some who are both talented and savy about money, example when Jimmy Buffet died he had a net worth of about 1 billion dollars.

Corley5

I saw both of his shows at Louder than Life 
in Louisville. He played a 1/2 hour the 1st day and 
a full hour yesterday. Really great performance. 
Authentic for sure

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

WhitePineJunky

I have a feeling he gonna release a album within next 6 months to year and it's gonna be great/massive success. We could use some real country music again, there's a couple modern ones but not many that do it like outlaw

Southside

I haven't bought an album since Luke Kaufman came out with his Coyboy Baller years ago, but I will buy Olivers if he puts one out.  
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

customsawyer

In some ways he reminds me of one of my favorites. George Strait. Many have wondered why he was never a member of the Grand Ole Opry and the reason is as simple as the fact that they require more appearances than he was willing to do. Especially when he lived in Texas. It would have hurt his family life. Oliver seems to be well grounded and I think he will do fine. He may not make as much money as he could but it will be more than enough for what he wants. He will be happier with less I think. 
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

barbender

He sounds like he'd be happy enough if he got a new blue tarp to put over his camper roof out of all of this😊

red

WV Sawmiller

Chapel Hart - "You Can Have Him Jolene" [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube

Here's a new group I enjoy and hope they do well. The video does not do justice to their music IMHO. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

21incher

Just saw one of the stops is near us at CMAC on June 22, 2024. We are looking into tickets. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Thank You Sponsors!