Started by customsawyer, December 06, 2023, 06:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

I'll bring plates and bowls.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

doc henderson

for now you can count on universal paper goods.  (cash).  may bring other stuff too.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Mr. Buck

Hi y'all. If it's not too late for a noobie sawyer / experienced furniture maker to join in, I'd love to come along and meet many of you. I'm happy to donate funds and/or supplies - whatever is needed.  Unfortunately, it will just be me (Greg). My wife is having back issues and can't handle the long ride.  Friday/Saturday for sure.

Edit to follow instructions : I think I'll be #50!  I'll bring money for donating to the cause, and I'm happy to run errands when I get there. If something specific is needed, just let me know. :)

Mountain Cove Woodworking
Woodmizer LT35HDG25

YellowHammer

It's Project tradition that we bring award winning Alabama BBQ from Tennessee, so no worries there, we will bring a mess of it. 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Mr. Buck

Mmmm  mr Bishop's ribs from Tuscaloosa. My dad and I would stop in to Dreamland back in the 80s. Great memories :) 
Woodmizer LT35HDG25

Mfrost459

Count me in and I will bring tables and chairs. Adam will be with me so that will make 51 & 52. We can also brings some plates and cups for the meals. Really looking forward to this year! Always enjoy hearing some of the stories at this gathering. The fireside chats get rather interesting.
We will be down Thursday afternoon.
Wood-Mizer LT50 Wide 2021 - LT-40 - 1992
EG-200 board Edger - New Holland Skilsteer - Kubota SVL95-2 skidsteer
Nyle L53 Kiln -  Nyle L200S Container Kiln

Have a great day milling!

Mr. Buck

Quote from: YellowHammer on March 15, 2024, 05:25:38 PMIt's Project tradition that we bring award winning Alabama BBQ from Tennessee, so no worries there, we will bring a mess of it. 
If this means you're cooking/grilling, I make a good helper - I'm used to serving crowds.  I'll find you and see if you need a hand :) 
Woodmizer LT35HDG25

YellowHammer

Thanks for the offer, there is always a grill of something going at the Project.

We have a local guy from North Alabama but moved to Tennessee (about 10 miles) that makes really good BBQ, we've been eating it for decades it's that good. So we always bring a cooler of it for an easy meal.  

As far as grilling, Jake always ends up grilling up a big wad of hamburgers or something on his mega cooker.  A couple years ago we did 60? chickens or chicken halves, I don't remember.  It was all racks full and the most I'd ever done, it was a little comical when I set the Kingsford bag on fire and threw it on the ground, and scared enough people about asking what temp chicken was done at that I ended up being magically handed not one, but two meat thermometers when I told folks I learned to grill watching Discovery Channel and was pretty sure chicken was done when the meat was just turning pink at medium rare. ffcheesy ffcheesy 

That was funny, and all of a sudden I had a lot of supervision!  Nobody could tell if I was being a smart aleck or not, I even pulled out the phone and said I found a website that said smoked chicken was done at 130F. ffcheesy 

Anyway, these projects are a lot of fun, an we look forward to coming every year.    
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

WDFL

After the excellent event (my first) in 2023, I was wondering about this year.  Stopped by TroyC's place a month or so ago and he filled me in, so I'm going to be #53.

Looking forward to another day in the beautiful central GA hospitality shown by Jake, being surrounded by good folks learning an art using one of the best renewable resources available. 

LT15(S) w/GO Option
Kubota L2501 HST w/Grapple
Collector of antique 2-cylinder John Deere tractors

Rhodemont

Having scrolled through Bruno's thread about wanting to move south  it is probably not a good idea for me to bring Yankee Pot Roast.
Woodmizer LT35HD    JD4720 with Norse350 winch
Stihl 362, 039, Echo CS-2511T,  CS-361P and now a CSA 300 C-O

customsawyer

As most that have been can confirm, we don't turn down any offers to help. We have a Grill Masters, and Grill Nonmasters, but we all pitch in and do what is needed. Vic and some of the other ladies will have the kitchen jumping and all sorts of good food coming out of it. It all runs like smooth chaos. ffcheesy
If you go and watch the videos of the project,  that some have posted over the years it will give the new comers a better idea of the happenings.  Or you can go search for past projects on here, in the sawmilling board.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Thank You Jeff. 

I will be bringing some "Mystery Wood". 

What about the Purple Drank   :uhoh:   ?? 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mossy Chariot

Tony B
LT35HD, Riehl Edger, Woodmaster 725 Planer/Molder, Nyle 53 Drying Kiln, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, T750 Bobcat, E50 Excavator, Kubota 3450, Wallenstein Skidding Winch, Vermeer BC1250 Chipper, Stihl 250 & 460, Can-Am Defender

terrifictimbersllc

We're coming in a truck camper. Who's staying at an RV campground nearby and what's the name/
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

ItIs WOOD ItIs

If you could add Brandon Stroud & Keith Stroud to the list.  We will be there the 18th (possibly), 19th, and 20th for sure.  We're willing to bring whatever is needed to be brought.  We've been looking forward to this for quite some time!    

beenthere

Recall this video of 2022
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Old Greenhorn

Beenthere, I think that was 2023, unless I was there in 2022 and forgot about it. ffcheesy Either way, what a fantastic weekend!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Mossy Chariot

Tony B
LT35HD, Riehl Edger, Woodmaster 725 Planer/Molder, Nyle 53 Drying Kiln, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, T750 Bobcat, E50 Excavator, Kubota 3450, Wallenstein Skidding Winch, Vermeer BC1250 Chipper, Stihl 250 & 460, Can-Am Defender

Magicman

Quote from: Magicman on March 11, 2024, 06:05:09 PMWe are cautiously adding our names to the list making us #47 & 48.

PatD (Pat) and Magicman (Lynn)
Sadly we are having to withdraw our names from the attendee list....again this year.

We were so hopeful, but it is again beyond our control.  Lynn
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

jbond03291971

I will bring some pop and bottled water

jmouton

we are going to make it now,,,,56,57,58 maybe one more but wont know for a bit
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Nomad

I'll be bringing a buddy with me.  Got no idea how many people that makes now.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

NE Woodburner

Sure is nice of Jake to put these on.

Getting close now...I sure would like to make it one of these years if these keep going. Retirement is right on the horizon, so maybe soon...

WV Sawmiller

Got room for one more? Add me to the list. WV Sawmiller (Howard Green).
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!