iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2024 Garden Seeds and Starts

Started by SwampDonkey, December 27, 2023, 04:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

Quote from: SwampDonkey on August 31, 2024, 01:01:53 PMHot pasta sauce bottled up, 5 - 750 ml jars.

Dang, you guys up there use metric canning jars  :huh?. Do they use the same lids as ours?
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

SwampDonkey

Yes, same lids. Those are old pasta bottles we've saved over the years instead of buying.  They are ~1.5 pints roughly. Our litre here is a little bigger than your quart. We often get stuff with weird amounts instead of 1/4'ers or 1/2's. Like 946 ml instead of 950 ml or 1 litre. That indicates a US product or US bottle. Same with your a pint, it's short of few ml. We can buy full 500 ml jars, we just call them pints.  ffsmiley Also, an imperial pint is 20% bigger than a US pint. Everybody has to be different. It's the same way with spinning and plying yarn, the count and ply are reversed up here.  8/2 cotton is US, 2/8 is Canadian. Same yarn. The Bernardin canning book is a mix of metric and US measures.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Otis1

My garden has turned out ok this year, 2- 4*8 raised beds and a couple small containers. I'm amazed at how much I can grow in a small space. I've grown:
Radishes, carrots, lettuce x 3 varieties, tomato x 3 varieties, bell pepper, jalapeno, poblano, yellow squash, zucchini, cucumber, dill, basil, red onion, green onion, sugar snap peas, garlic, winter squash, kohlrabi, spinach, and experimenting with eggplant, and marigolds. 

I've canned 12 quarts of pickles with a quick mix, 2 more quarts of refrigerator pickles, and I'm working on a few quarts of fermented pickles now. The bell peppers and jalapeno aren't very big this year, wet cool spring. Tomatoes are finally getting ripe. 

IMG_3642.jpg

thecfarm

Got any black buckets for the peppers? Or any way to lay down black plastic?
Peppers love the heat!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

We've eaten a couple garden cantaloupe this week, gave one away to a cousin. They are some juicy and sweet. My goodness.  :sunny: ffsmiley

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

thecfarm

My Father would of liked to see them.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Got 4.5 gallons of tomato puree I'm boiling down for sauce this morning.  ffsmiley

SwampDonkey

11 more 750 ml jars of mild spaghetti sauce today.  ffwave

SwampDonkey

This year's squash harvest off of my small patch. We picked and cooked 3 others the size of them at the top round of the wheel barrow. We made a couple pies to.  They's dry squash when cooked up to, you almost need a lb of good butter on them. ffsmiley

And the grand champion of the bunch this year is...  ffcool

SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey

More 750 ml pasta sauce jars.

Thank You Sponsors!