iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather 2024

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2024, 12:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

WhitePineJunky, All the rain I get has missed you?
That's too bad.
Looks like a light rain is moving in around 2 today.
I have 46 and no sun. Looks like a cool day, maybe 54 today.
I have something chewing on me a little bit. Should not be much chewing today.  :wacky:
I shot a wood chuck between the rock yesterday. That  rayrock in the garden is good for something. I shot at least one year in that rock. It has a crack about foot wide. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Inspecting the black elderberry bushes this morning I spotted a bunch of old dead leaves on something. I found a couple dozen red oak seedlings where the grey squirrel buried them 2 falls ago. Pulled them out easily as they were in mostly mulch. Made a row of red oak seedlings along the property line, and flagged them. Some showers tomorrow morning will water them in.  ffwave
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Peter Drouin

Rain coming down well now. I'm out working on the HOTROD ffcheesy
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Oh yea, a light rain again.
I sawed up some branches that fell out of the tree and hauled them to the OWB. Got a little wet, but will look a lot better coming up the driveway now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Farmer been working up ground around the house here all afternoon, probably getting ready to plant grain. Dust is a flying. Sun has been in and out and a south wind.

62°F here this afternoon.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Peter Drouin

47 and cloudy, sun on Tuesday then rain for 3 days. smiley_thumbsdown
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

We need the rain so whatever time I have to quit sawing is good with me. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

66F here this afternoon. We had 1/4" rain overnight. Going to clear tonight and be a nice couple days then showers possible for 2 or 3 days, but doesn't look like any significant rain. Never know. Could use some here, but out at work it's never been all that dry. The road this morning was snot where they graded. Red clay road, the worst kind of road. :D

woodroe

Warm enough for the blackflies wanting to bite today. 
Had to break out the Bens spray .That was the end of them  ffcheesy
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

thecfarm

I was working today, so did not get to enjoy the black flies.  :wacky:
Full sun all day!!!! I better enjoy it. The next 7 days don't look good for the sun.
It might of got to 70 yesterday.
Sun came out around 1 and it warmed up.

I have 45° now and fog in the field and fog down by the brook and the sun is coming up!!!  Looks good out there!!!!

woodroe

Ayuh. Grass is green, trees leafing out. Trout must be biting.
Good woodshed building weather. Got a 6' x 16' going up. Shed roof style.
Hemlock of course, green hemlock. Heavy.   
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

Ianab

Winter is getting closer. Dusting of snow up on the Mt today. 

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SwampDonkey

60°F here for the high. A little breezy this afternoon. No black flies here yet. Looks like cooler weekend, 40's and 50's.

thecfarm

Was a beautiful day today!!!!
Full sun all day!!!
Wind was kinda busy, but still a nice day.
I've noticed the leaves too. Won't be long and I won't be able to see through the woods.
Mowed the lawn for the first time. 
The fields are really green now.

thecfarm

I had the heat off yesterday. First time this year.

It's back on at 45°. Might get up to 55 today. 
Sun is out, but not for long.

SwampDonkey

Was dry here all day at work, but some rain started here at 5:00 pm. I think it got to 60°F around noon. 55° now.  I see some 70's at the end of next week around Thursday and Friday. Black flies will be chewing by Monday I bet.  smiley_thumbsdown

I'll probably be mowing soon here, I know some neighbors have mowed this week.

thecfarm

Kinda on the cool side, the wet weather is not helping the cool feeling. Looks to be 7 days with not much sun.

Larry

Oklahoma has been sending us their violent storms about everyday. This evening it was a thunderstorm with torrential rain and brilliant sunshine at the same time. Hank the dog and I knew their would be a rainbow someplace so we went out to find it. We found it after about 15 minutes but it was ho-hum. The next thing was these angry looking clouds.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

thecfarm

Temps just about the same as yesterday. I have 45° and a high of 55.
But today should be dry!!!!!  
Not much sun. maybe some at 5 tonight.
Well no rain anyways. 
Had a hard shower at about 6 last night and then some light rain after that.

Machinebuilder

There was a tornado watch untill midnight. I fell asleep about 10:30.

It must have been REALLY windy, I woke up to this

It will be interesting to see what I find when i walk the dogs later, the storms are still rolling through
Dave, Woodmizer LT15, Husqvarna 460 and Stihl 180, Bobcat 751, David Brown 770, New Holland TN60A

doc henderson

Larry, those look like Q-tip clouds! :wacky:
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jim_Rogers

TV news said 89,000 without power in NC due to storms last night.
We never lost power.
But we did have some strong storms pass by.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Ouch. That sucks.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

red

I'm Praying for you Tex
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Thank You Sponsors!