iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather 2024

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2024, 12:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebraska

Bit stormy here tornado warnings again. Lots of rain.  Bet a lot of replanting will happen in the hills. 

SwampDonkey

Close to 80° on Monday, 82° today. Mostly sunny but I think the clouds are moving is for evening thunder crackers which are continuing into Thursday, so I suspect some soakers from that.

Lots of wheat or barley is up and green on the fields now. They planted to field up by the woodlot last week to soybeans. I see a pale full of treated seed in their yard. The deer and moose will have a chewing good time up there.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WhitePineJunky

No real rain for like 3-4 weeks! Deja vu!

SwampDonkey

We haven't had any of those thundershowers yet here. Was a small shower in the woods this morning that didn't amount to much. Maybe tonight. I think it's going to be in the 70's for the remainder of the work week, 60's on the weekend. Might be significant rain tomorrow, time will tell. Weather App shows heavy rain, but local forecast says showers.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodroe

AC is in and on. 85 yesterday, 90 on the porch today.
Kinda early for AC but was getting unbearable so in it went.

Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

thecfarm

Yes on the hot part. But no all day rain for a while. Had a couple slow showers for 1/2 hour. Seem like last Saturday rained all afternoon.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

Looks like a frostless May. Hope June is the same way.  :wacky:
62° and should hit 80 again today.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Been 66° the last 2 mornings. 85 yesterday, 80 today. No rain here, just a short duration shower, didn't amount to anything. Nothing at the house. Suppose to clear tonight and barely 70° tomorrow. The air will be a changing. Cool weekend. No big heat all next week, one day might hit 70's. 50's and 60's is normal for May, pretty much that most of next week.

Been a couple days frost here this month in the first week. There is a low field down the road and it was snow white a couple mornings. Just light frost here a couple mornings, could barely see it.

thecfarm

56°and the sun is out!!!
I think we had more sun in the last week then we had in June last year.  :veryangry:
High 70's today.

Rhodemont

Had a nasty thunder storm pass through yesterday mid day.  Rained a couple inches in 1.5 hours.  Everything is soggy again.
Woodmizer LT35HD    JD4720 with Norse350 winch
Stihl 362, 039, Echo CS-2511T,  CS-361P and now a CSA 300 C-O

SwampDonkey

Was 60°F this morning, got to 70° by noon, then wind and a shower blew through and it dropped to 58°, now up at 62°. Probably need a smudge in the morning, won't see 70's again for days. I was mowing this afternoon, that wind was on the cool side at 58° and bare arms. :D

The old barn site has grass chest high now. The bobolinks will check that out for nesting. The lawn grew about 10" tall this week. After a week of growing, the lawn looked like it had never been mowed yet.

WhitePineJunky

30c today at its peak, got some rain last night, amazing thunder and lighting storm as well

SwampDonkey

48° on the porch, sunny skies, north breeze. Jacket on the porch weather. That'll slow down the deer flies.  ffcheesy

Next to nill for water this week, never moved the guage.

thecfarm

I have 52° and full sun today!!!

SwampDonkey

Hit 72° yesterday afternoon. Was mostly sunny. 54° this morning, overcast. Won't see 70 today.

Spread some gravel on the shop floor yesterday afternoon, didn't take much gravel. Lots left over for driveway maintenance. Still some leveling to do, looks kinda high in the middle, will have to get out my mason line to check highs and lows.

Larry

Here in NW Arkansas we've been able to miss all the tornadoes but not this morning. A big one came through accompanied by lots of high winds. Destroyed lots of houses and buildings. 70,000 without power. I didn't get any damage as I was a few miles from it and my lights didn't even go off. It came through about 2 or 3 am and lightening/thunder woke me up for maybe 30 seconds. I was lucky.

Didn't go out to see the damage as the first responders sure don't need my help. Local TV showed lots of big trees uprooted and tipped over. I think those were high winds. A tornado twists and breaks them.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

SwampDonkey

I was surprised by the temp. Sunday, was only 60° at noon, but we got more sun after dinner and the temp jumped to 75° by 4:00 pm.

Overcast this morning. 54°

woodroe

Raining now but we just had a couple pretty sweet working outside days.
Been in the woods cutting new trail to access a few cord of blowdowns.
There is probably 2 cord in a 100 yr old + 4' dia pasture pine.
Where it broke off it branched off into
3 leaders all close to 2' dia. Big mess. Those big limbs all went down in different directions
taking out many other trees.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

thecfarm

I just about cleaned up a pine that crotched out.
Sure did make a mess. 
Yes on the rain. 
Kinda of a cool day.
If we was going to stay home, I would have the heat on.

Old Greenhorn

Well, they had a full blown washout for today. A lot of parades and such were canceled today based on the forecast. We have barely gotten .02" of precip so far since yesterday. We are in a huge dry slot. The sun just peeked out and went away. It's very damp and overcast, but no rain on the radar for several hundred miles.
 Making decisions based on the forecast is rarely a good idea.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

Been no rain here, a couple sprinkles. Only 55° here, was warmer around noon at 60°. Got a smudge on this evening. I think the neighbor does to, I smelled wood smoke from their direction.  :snowball:

WhitePineJunky

Weathers stills toying around, rain expected, never comes 🤷�♂️ 
Was fairly cool today which was a plus 

thecfarm

Was typical last summer day here. "rain" just enough to keep things wet all day.
Did rain this morning and some this late afternoon.
We are back home and the heat is on.
I almost think we went a whole week without it being wet all day!!!!

SwampDonkey

Getting that rain here now. 55° Coming down pretty good. A little breezy, going to be upper 60's.

Got a dose of orchitis, off work this week at least. Doc said nothing strenuous. On Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, 2- 500 mg doses a day for a week. Urologist and ultrasound scheduled. If it isn't one thing it's another. ffcheesy  Can't get the work done.  :uhoh: I did get some garden seed in and the fencing up yesterday morning.  :sunny:

thecfarm

I have 58° and high 70's is coming.

Thank You Sponsors!