iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather 2024

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2024, 12:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Hit 92° here Wednesday. The neighbors were putting up rolled hay.

58° first thing this morning, about 70° right now, suppose to get to 78° this afternoon.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

51cub

Been plenty hot for me lately. Could really use some rain. The last 8 or 10 times they forecasted it it never happened. There's a chance for some every day between now and Sunday
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

thecfarm

Looks like a cooler day from what we have been having.
65 today for a high. Been in the 80's here.
No sun right now. It's wet out there. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

51cub

Some rain today,  and some sun. It was alit more comfortable after about 5 o'clock.  Everything in the yard is covered in pollen
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

SwampDonkey

We've had an inch of needed water over the last 3 days, could shower today even. Been cool in the 60's for 3 or 4 days up here.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

51cub

Finally got a little decent rain the other day. Started getting hotter again today and the phone says pollen is going up again tomorrow. I don't have allergies bad enough that I worry about it, but everything around here has been an ugly yellow color for weeks

thecfarm

We had a nice stretch of weather.
A few showers, but no steady all day rain.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Sixacresand

Well, I promised myself that  I would park the mill during the Summer and avoid the heat, but here I go this morning.  To be 97 degrees by mid afternoon.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

SwampDonkey

Cool day here today, 60's, sun in and out, NE wind. Suppose to be 70's first part of work week and 90's Tuesday-Friday, then back to 70's. Had a shower or two last couple days, but we had 1.5" rain over 2 or 3 days from Sat-Mon.

I'm back this morning from kidney stone surgery, all went well. Urinary stints to come out in 2-4 weeks. No pain to speak of other than a little burning to pee.  :thumbsup:

thecfarm

doc henderson

we had thunderstorms with wind.  lost power at about 4 pm till 1 am.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

My plans were to saw tomorrow but we have a "tropical" in the Gulf that is moving in and could possibly bring some storms to us.  It looks like the path will be West of us which puts us on the "wet" side.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

we had a thunderstorm with wind.  Normal for Ks.  this one took out the hospital backup generator, and going back online, blew a panel and causes a fire in a 3-phase panel.  I went to work early last pm.  Still smells like burn wire at work.  Got the back up back up generator going.  We have an offline system with paper charts, and orders.  no x-ray or lab without power.  no power at home from 4 pm till about 1 am.

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

Yikes, no power in a hospital is an emergency in itself.  Drink plenty of fluid and get bed rest takes on a completely different meaning.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Wow, that was one nasty storm. Well, at least not as bad as Corley5 went through, destroyed all the wiring in his house. Yikes!  smiley_thumbsdown

thecfarm

Fires like that are not good.

Been a fine weather here.
Yesterday was a windy day.
Looks like we will need some wind Tuesday-Thursday.
Suppose to be in the mid 90's.

SwampDonkey

Best May and June I've seen in years around here. Enjoying every moment. A couple or three 90's once in a while is normal summer here. 4 weeks in a row of it ain't. ffcheesy  March was a devil for snow and rain 4-5 days a week.

Old Greenhorn

Well all the heat advisories go in effect tomorrow for several days, but today it was HOT! Best I can figure it hit 90°, but my truck thermometer said 99 when I ran an errand. I hope this is just gonna be a fluke of a week and things normalize, otherwise what can we expect in July?
 As it was the attic kiln hit 131° and it was 98° in my show trailer. High temp in the attic is great, in the trailer it is not and it seems to make some of my finishes get soft, that 'concerns' me. So I got a clip fan and put it under the roof vent, left the door cracked for fresh air, and hopefully in the coming days that might keep it bearable.
 I also ordered a remote thermometer with 3  remote inputs so I can monitor the attic, shop and trailer on one unit in the house, assuming they will reach that far.
 I have to mill tomorrow, like it or not. I'm not looking forward to it. It will be a short morning session for sure.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Ljohnsaw

Can you hang a shade cloth over the trailer to keep it out of the sun?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038
Ford 545D FEL
Genie S45
Davis Little Monster backhoe
Case 16+4 Trencher
Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

SwampDonkey

Shows temps dropping off here Thursday night after a thunder cracker, back to the 70's for 5 or 6 days. 80's the middle of next week. Getting dry, but last rain was 8 days ago, so not severe.

56° this morning, hazy and clouds. The cloud cover should keep it from the 90's, but it's going to be high 80's.

Old Greenhorn

75° at 8am this morning and a bit hazy. Gonna be warm for sure, maybe a short small afternoon rain could come through. We'll see.
 Yeah John, I thought of that but can't find a way to support it up high enough. The trees just grew up in the wrong places. I'll keep thinking on it though.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

woodroe

Looks like I'm out of the woods for a spell. Can't work in heat well.
Don't need to either. Can wait. 
Been pretty decent up till now though. Good progress on blowdowns cleanup so far.
Probably a few cord left to twitch. Probably 6 cord of blowdowns in 1 year on 20 acres..
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

thecfarm

Yes, on the heat, I had 90 today.
Mother Nature did some thinning on my land too.
I still have not had a chance to really get out into the woods.

SwampDonkey

Hit 89° here yesterday afternoon. 72° this morning, going to bump up into the low 90's I believe is the forecast. 

The concrete crew is coming this morning to pour the shop floor. I told the boss he didn't have to come in that heat, but he insists. I'm not about to argue.

The overhead door will be installed this Monday, the stove will be put in on Tuesday. Happy times my friends. ffsmiley

SwampDonkey

Lots warm and muggy this morning at 78°. We hit 93° yesterday afternoon. Doesn't look good for rain. Looks like a dry summer in store. Got to love A/C though.  ffwave

Shop floor went in and polished up yesterday. Looks good. Got to do a grocery run this morning.

Thank You Sponsors!